31| Short and sweet

NOVEMBER'S HAND FIT perfectly in Adam's as she pulled her luggage behind her at the airport. Truly, the girl tried her best to walk slower but due to his long legs, Adam didn't get the gist as he had walked regularly.

After a while, Nova just let out a huff as she caught up to his side, giving him a small glare as he softly smiled down at her. Confused, he furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side, seeming as if he were thinking of every possible thing he could have messed up on so he could find a way to fix it. Though truly, the boy was mentally making a list of what he did wrong. He would be lying of he said he wasn't even the slightest bit concerned or frightened at what he did to upset her.

"What?" Adam asked as he sank into a scared tone, "what did I do? I'm sorry... was it the muffin thing because I had no idea that was yours..."

Nova opened her mouth to retort though she found herself closing it instantly as she fully registered what her boyfriend had said. At that, she contorted her face into a weird expression as she turned her head to the side in a baffled way. "What muffin thing?" November fired as she perked up an eyebrow and waited for his response. However, she just let her jaw fall agape at the way his face paled in guilt. "Adam Banks! you were the one who ate my muffin!?"

Nervously, the boy chuckled before leaning down and placing a small peck on her lips in panic. With an innocent smile, he mentally celebrated on his triumph to calm her expression. "Sorry," he said cheekily, "I love you"

November bit the inside of her cheek as she narrowed her eyes at the cutely smiling blond she walked beside. With a grumble of defeat, she huffed and bashfully looked away. "I love you too... kiss-up..."

Adam just sank into a victorious face as he tightened his hold on her soft hand. He couldn't help but admiringly glance down at it, taking in how great it felt and how perfectly it fit. Truly, every part of him wanted to hold onto her forever, but he couldn't help himself become anxious as he remembered that he had to let her go on a flight in the next two hours.

"Finally!" The two heard as they neared the gate, "I was growing grey hairs waiting for you love birds"

"yeah right, like you'll even see it through your ginger hair!"

At that, November perked her head up as she allowed her eyes to adjust to the scene ahead of her. Almost instantly, she let a smile grow on her face as she slowly let go of Adam's hand and quickly made her way to a familiar face. "You guys came!" Nova exclaimed upon wrapping her arms around Connie, giving a wave to Guy, Charlie, and Averman as they stood behind her

"of course we did," Charlie chuckled as he stepped forward to stand beside Connie, patiently waiting for his hug. November gave him a soft smile as she had wrapped her arms around the boy in a sibling manner. Soon enough, the other two, well known boys she had considered brothers had joined the hug, squeezing her in very middle.

"Ow..." November winced quietly as she had been in the center of the bone-crushing hug. At that, Adam just let out a chuckle as he stepped forward to save the crushed girl. With a simple and light tug of Novembers out-stretched hand, the hug had loosened ever so slightly, giving Adam the chance pull them apart and pull her out. With a twirl, the girl flusteredly fell into Adam's arms clumsily.

"Hey.." Adam chuckled out as he steadied her out, "I got you M'lady"

November gave him a thankful yet diminishing look. "My hero." She said plainly as she stood up onto her feet and fixed herself up. Though, as she gazed back at Adam to give him a hug, the girl felt a fast and strong force tackle her to the floor. Honestly, she had just about had a heart attack as she groaned and laid back-flat on the airport floor. Nova squeezed her eyes shut as she just laid there for a moment, not bothering to see who had tackled her.