26| You wish

CHARLIE CONWAY HELD A smirk on his face as he crossed his arms across his chest. He couldn't help but feel happiness and relief flourish in his chest upon watching his two best friends interact again. Despite the awkwardness and tension that took its time to fade away, Charlie could see the sudden life and jubilation in Adam Banks eyes. For the first time in a while, Adam finally looked like himself again.

"November Collins?" Orion asked in a whisper as he looked down at Charlie and subtly pointed at the brunette girl

Charlie nodded and held a prideful smirk as he turned his gaze to the man. "The one and only.."

The small smile on Orion's face found its way to where Adam and Nova just stared at one another as if it were the first time they had ever met. "There's something between them, isn't there?"

Charlie chuckled and nodded in a baffled manner. "You have no idea." Before Orion could talk again, Charlie made his way to November with a wide smile and open arms. "Nova.."

Nova drew her eyes away from Adam for a moment and smiled upon seeing her best friend. Reluctantly, the girl drew herself in for an embrace that she instantly melted into. "Hey Conway..." she muffled in a soft voice as she buried her face into his shoulder. For a while, the two lingered there in a soft and comfortable embrace. Though, Charlie had found himself moving his gaze over November's shoulder, to a boy who held a blank face but bright eyes.

"I think someone's been waiting their turn for a while..." Charlie whispered as November shivered at his breath tickling her skin. Nonetheless, she drew her eyebrows together and pulled away from his grasp, tilting her had in questioning manner. Charlie held a content smile as he rose his eyebrows and subtly nodded to Adam. The brunette couldn't ignore the sudden red flush that spread across Nova's cheeks as she slowly turned her head to meet her gaze with a pair of familiar blue eyes.

Hesitantly, she sucked in a deep breath before slowly making her way in front of him. She didn't care if she took her time to take in all his physical features. She'd be lying to herself if she said she didn't think he grew up to be incredibly attractive over the last nine and a half months. In a bashful manner, November down-casted her gaze to the floor as she tucked a strand of lose hair behind her ear. "Hi..." was the only thing her soft and mellow voice let out at the moment.

"hey..." he greeted back. November didn't have to look up to see the small smile that grew on his face; after all, it was identical to hers. "Been a while..."

November let out an airy chuckle as she fought back the tears of happiness that threatened to spill from her face. She bit the inside of her bottom lip as she slowly rose her gaze up to meet his eyes again. "Yeah? I didn't notice..." she laughed in a light sarcastic manner. She studied his softly smiling countenance as she glanced up at him. Slowly, she watched his smile fade into a more serious and guilty expression, seeing his eyes draw to the ground.

"Look, Nova-" He began in a small and nervous voice though all Nova could feel was the panic that rose in her stomach. With a quick glance around the room, she saw everyone's eyes on them with confused and curious faces. In the heat of the moment, November wrapped her arms around Adam's sweaty body and engulfed him in a hug. In a baffled manner, the boy stopped in his tracks and stared down at the girl in shock. Nonetheless, he wrapped his arms around her and sank into her longing grasp.

Over everyone's cheers and smiles, November moved her buried face out of his chest and looked up at him, giving him a small reassuring smile. "We'll talk about it later," November whispered for only him to hear, "okay?"

Adam's face sank into relief as he allowed a soft smile to creep onto his face. "Okay." he croaked out in a small and content voice.

With a sigh, November slowly pulled away from Adam's grasp with a smile. Tentatively, she rose her hand up for him and patiently grinned. "I'm thinking we show Varsity how the super duo works, how bout it?"

The blond boy switched his gaze between November and her hand before letting a small grin to tug at his lips. With a nod, he moved his grasp to her hand and laced their fingers together. "I'm thinking the exact same thing, Super Nova"

November couldn't fight her smile as it grew wider at the greatly missed nickname. At that moment, November Collins knew she was where she was supposed to be. She was with her best friends; her family. After all, they all promised each other they'd be there for one another. This was her keeping her promise...

THE MOMENT NOVEMBER stepped onto the ice, she felt a wave of life flow through her body. She couldn't deny how great it felt to finally be out on the ice with the ducks. It was better than anything; she wouldn't trade it out for the world. So before she stepped on, she made sure she was right with Connie, Averman, Guy, Charlie, and Adam. She knew that if she was going to glide on that ice again, she wanted to start it with them.

"Where's this Rick Riley dude?" November grumbled through gritted teeth as she made her way to where face-off was about to begin. "I wanna cram his face into a wall"

Adam chuckled as he admiringly glanced down at the small girl at his side. He knew if he looked at her any longer, he wouldn't be able to help himself from staring. So simply, as he skated closer to the face-off circle, the boy pulled his helmet on and gave her one more reassuring glance. "The one i'm doing face-off with, try not to kill him.."

November scowled as she eyed where a boy with blue eyes and dark brown hair stood at face off with a prideful look. She narrowed her eyes at him before giving Adam a knowing look of forced innocence. With a small smile and shrug, Nova slipped her helmet on and began to skate backwards towards her designated spot at right wing. "No promises"

Adam let a chuckle escape his lips before he turned forward, seeing the grim look Riley held as he switched his gaze between the two previously interacting freshman. "That's November Collins?" He grimaced as he gave the girl a disapproving look, causing Adam to clench his jaw.

Adam used his stick to wack at Riley's thigh, catching his attention. The blond boy stood his stick up straight and leaned up against it as he gave Riley a menacing look. "Stop looking at her like that" Adam spat with anger gleaming in his eyes

Riley just gave a pathetic chuckle and shook his head in a conceited way. "She's like a dwarf, what is she gonna do to me?"

Adam clenched his teeth as he began to near the senior. Though, he stopped in his tracks as he caught November's gaze from the corner of his eyes, allowing registration to fill him. With an airy scoff, the blond shook his head and backed down as he began to get ready for face-off, giving Riley a look of certainty to match his final remark.

"Challenge her, Underestimate her, I dare you..." Adam said with a vain chuckle. The boy crouched down to prepare himself for the puck, staring Riley square in the eye as the senior followed his actions.

"fine, I will." Riley spat, "what's the worse that could happen? she trips me?"

Adam just smirked and shrugged in simplicity. He shook his head at Riley's ego that would inevitably meet November's wrath. So in confidence, Adam stood back from the senior and just patiently waited to prove him wrong. Though, out of 'respect', Adam Banks gave one last reply at Riley's comment

"You wish"

Brynn speaks !

This was fun to write, I don't know why

Thanks to Hanna and Beth who told be to update again today

✌🏻