34| understandable

AFTER ALL THE constant practices Clevet Peters had been putting the girls through in the past month, he finally thought to give them a full free day to rest before their big final game tomorrow. As much as November was thankful, she managed to find her way lounging in the dressing room of a dress shop as all her friends tried on dresses for the athletes gala; even Evangeline was dressing up. Though, she actually had a date to go with so Nova just found herself sitting on the single seat couch with a bored look.

"Why don't you just come with Kristi, Morgan, Tevi, Tilly, and I?" Danielle asked as she had her chosen dress neatly folded in her arms. Comfortably, she made her way to sit on the armrest of Nova's chair

"Why would I do that when I can sit in and watch Boy Meets World all night?" Nova glanced to her and gave an innocent smile, causing Dani to just frown

"because you're going back to Minnesota in a week and this is our last time together..." The ginger countered. Seemingly, it was as if all the girls had heard what Danielle said as they collectively turned their attention to November in a plead.

"She's right, Nova," Kristi spoke as she did a little spin in the light pink laced dress she wore to grab a disregarded dress behind her. "Please just come. This would look beautifully on you"

Stubbornly, the girl shook her head. "I'm sorry guys but i'd have much a better time just lounging around at the dorm..."

With an exasperated sigh, Eva stepped forward and grabbed the dress that sat in Kristin's hands. In an swift motion, she shoved it into November's arms before tightly grasping the brunette's wrist and pulling her into the change room. "I will not allow you to sit in the dorm alone while we go out to that dance"

As much as she tried to wiggle her hand out of Eva's grip, the girl was much too strong and determined to let Nova slip. So as she made it to the front of the change room, the girl reluctantly gave a stomp as she gave a flustered blow at the hairs that fell across her face. "Look, it's pointless for me to go. I have no date and my boyfriend is 3000 miles away"

Eva could see the sudden glum look that sat on Nova's face as she spoke about being away from Adam. though, November hadn't even noticed her saddening face until Evangeline cast her a look of pity and sympathy. "You have photographs of him." Eva stated with a nonchalant shrug, "dance around with that"

Nova gave her a dumbfounded look before she just let out a sharp breath and rose her eyebrows in a vexed way. "I will-" Nova spoke with sarcasm, "-in my dorm. Alone." The girl stepped forward to get away from the dressing room, though, Eva didn't hesitate to side step in front of her to stop her tracks.

"No." she fired in a determined manner, "what you're going to do is try on that dress that you will be wearing at the athletes gala"

As Nova opened her mouth to retaliate, Evangeline just stopped her. "I won't think twice on continually calling Ethan so you won't have anytime to use the phone to call Adam"

At that, November backed down slowly with a stunned and frightened look. To say that the least, Nova wasn't sure if Evangeline was being serious and to be frank, she wasn't intending on finding out. "Jeez.." Nova grumbled as she hugged the dress tightly against her chest. "You really don't care about my happiness, do you?"

Eva hummed in thought as she glanced up to the ceiling and tipped her head side to side as if she were weighing her options. However, November allowed defeat to sink to her face upon seeing Evangeline Smit's mischievous smirk. "Nope." She shrugged with an innocent smile before tightly gripping Nova's shoulders and spinning her around to face the dressing room, giving her one good push in before closing the door and leaning up against it.