32| Breaking News

NOVEMBER'S PLAN TO surprise her friends with her return was a complete fail as the moment she opened the dorm room door to sneak in, Evangeline had tackled her to the ground in a hug. Just like hours before, November groaned as she huffed out in pain.

"Why does this keep happening..." Nova winced as she squeezed her eyes shut. Eva smiled contently, despite her friends pain, and dug her face into November's hoodie.

"I thought you got suspended or something..." Eva muffled with a sigh of relief. November just contorted her face and glanced down at her in slight offence towards her comment.

"What would I have possibly done to get suspended?" Nova put forward in an inquisitive manner as she perked an eyebrow and stood up from the ground.

With a cheeky smile, Eva smiled and shrugged. Just as she were about to speak, Nova switched her gaze to where Danielle stepped up to Evangeline's side with a desperate look. Suddenly, as Eva looked at the ginger haired girl, her face lit up like a light bulb had gone off in her mind. Instantly, Nova was pulled to the side of the room, isolating herself into a conversation with two very curious girls.

"So.." Dani trailed on as she wiggled her eyebrows, "where were you these last four days..."

November couldn't hide the grin that tugged on her lips as her cheeks flushed a small tint of pink. In a shy manner, Nova gave a little shrug as she moved her eyes to her shoes. "Minnesota..." she mumbled in the most inaudible voice she could muster. However, she wasn't quiet enough as the moment the words left her mouth, the two girls jaws dropped wide.

"What?!" Eva exclaimed in a baffled manner, "what the hell were you doing in Minnesota!?"

Danielle kept her stunned gaze on Nova as she swatted Eva's head to the side sloppily, putting the girl's question to the side in an instant. "Shut up, Eva. That's not what matters right now-" Dani spoke quickly, stepping forward in an urge. "That means you saw Adam..."

Suddenly, November's eyes widened in the slightest as her face grew bright red. Though it wasn't much, Danielle and Evangeline had instantly registered her change in attitude and the two couldn't help from making her explain what happened. "um..." Nova squeaked out as she hesitated to tell the two in fright to hear their loud, ear-wrecking screams. "So breaking news," Nova began as she gave subtle jazz hands at the side of her face, giving off the best smile she could. "Adam Banks and November Collins are officially off the market-"

The moment Nova allowed the word 'market' to slip her mouth, she instantly cupped her hands over her ears and squeezed her eyes shut to ready herself for their inevitable screams. To her surprise, they weren't as loud as she expected them to be. Though, Danielle was basically launching herself at Nova as she let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, God," she breathed as she lousily drapped her arms over November and pulled her in for a dragging hug. "I hate you both for taking so long..."

November gave a nervous chuckle before nodding. "Right.." she chuckled out in awkwardness, "i'm also moving back to Minnesota and going to Eden next year-"

November didn't plan at all and that came to bite her in the butt as moments after, she found herself comforting Evangeline as she cried into her shoulder. With a questionable glance, Nova perked her eyebrow up at Dani, asking her a knowing question in a nonverbal way. Truly, it was obvious as Eva was never really this emotional or over-the-top about things. So when Danielle gave a solemn nod, Nova faded into a look of pity as she petted Eva's hair down and comfortably hugged her.

"Dani..." Nova whispered in a plead before she glanced to the phone, "please?"

Danielle gave her a smile and nod as she stood up and switched spots with Nova, taking her time to comfort the mood swinging girl. As if she had been freed from jail, November stumbled to the phone in a bit more of an excited manner than intended, needing to grasp onto the hanging device so she wouldn't lose her balance and fall again.