18| He's not a jerk

THE LEICESTER CITY jersey flew out the dorm door as November quickly ducked down to avoid a hit to the face. Hesitantly, Evangeline slowly opened the door as Nova stood up straight again. A look of bewilderment had flashed across the two girls faces to behold the room they walked into that night.

"We leave for an hour to get food and this happens.." Eva said with her eyebrows raised, causing all the girls in the room to smile at her innocently

The girls knew it was a bad idea to leave Morgan in their dorm with Mack, Bri, Tilly, and Tevi all in there with her. Truly, it was a call for disaster. With their point proven, they picked up the several continents of Kristi's closet that was now sprawled out around the floor. Morgan was, of course, sleeping as Tilly and Tevi wrote on her face with a Mr Sketch marker where as Brianna was in the bathroom messing around with all of Eva's makeup and hair products. Mack was the one failing at keeping everyone in check. The blonde was really trying her best to tell everyone to stop messing around but constantly, she had gotten distracted and ended up making just as much of a mess as they had been.

Awkwardly, November rocked back and forth on her heels before Eva glanced at her with an irritated expression. Needless to say, the American brunette gulped upon her sternness before nervously smiling. She couldn't help herself from being reminded of Connie Moreau and her appalling wrath when she was annoyed.

Cautiously, Nova pointed to the phone that hung on the wall as she sidestepped towards it. "I just remembered.." Nova began, "I have to call Connie" with that, the brunette had stumbled to the phone and dialled the number as quick as she could before grabbing the phone and walking out the door, stretching the cord over the wall.

With a sigh of relief, Nova slowly shut the door before hearing Eva's lecture towards the several girls. November couldn't help but slightly wince as she pursed her lips together in a line.

"Hello?" A croaky voice answered. The familiar voice with the unfamiliar tone had caused November to draw her eyebrows together in concern.

"Connie?" Nova asked in a confused tone, causing a drowsy hum to radiate through the phone in response. "What- what's up..."

A small sigh was all November had heard as she scratched the back of her neck, waiting patiently for Connie's response. "Everything is a mess, Nov..." it was the quiet brokenness in Connie's voice that made November downcast her gaze.

"Well.." Nova began in a considerate tone, "what happened..." The girl took a comfortable position against the wall as she waited upon Connie's rant. To say at the least, November couldn't help herself from feeling a wave of curiosity behold. Really, the tables turned greatly between the pair. Truth was, November was the emotional mess; even if neither of them wanted to admit it

The phone line fumbled a bit as before Connie let out a long distressed breath of air. "Well first of all," the brunette Minnesotan began, "Charlie has been MIA since we played varsity. Like he completely just left and Fulton followed him..."

"Fulton?"

"Yep," Connie said, popping the 'p'. "But he's back now... I wish I could say the same about, Charlie..."

November's breathing hitched as she allowed the small information sink in. The girl ran a worried hand through her hair as she pushed herself off the wall and paced along the short distance the phone cord would reach. "What happened at that scrimmage, Connie?"

A hesitant breath rang in November's ears. It was clear that Connie had uncertainty towards whatever it was that she would tell Nova. Though, she knew she had to tell the girl. She was her best friend and had the right to know.