27| I could kiss him

THE CLOCK TICKED DOWN that last period as November sat in the penalty box with a glum yet victorious look. It wasn't a shock to anyone when she was put in there after cross-checking Riley. The entire junior varsity team was convinced that Rick Riley had grown a small fright towards the girl.

November waited impatiently as she waited for her two minutes to be completed. Tapping her skate on the ground, the girl let out a sharp sigh while she watched one of her teammates get checked into the boards. Nova stood up with a smirk as her time drew to an end. She could see Rick Riley near the boards with the puck, so the moment she stepped back out on the ice, the girl went straight for him.

"aw shit!" November heard Rick mutter to himself as she put all her strength into hitting him. The boy did try and duck but she was small and his ducking just made it worse. Though, unfortunately, the puck had just slid to another varsity player.

November scowled as she stared down at where Riley gave her a glare from the ice. Nonetheless, the girl let a smile creep onto her face as she shrugged, whacking him lightly with her stick. "Get up," she said in a nonchalant tone with no intention of helping him to his feet. "I thought you were a hockey player, quit being a baby"

With the last remark, November was quick to turn on her skates to make her way into the play. Though, the moment she had engaged into it, the referee blew his whistle, making her come to a quick halt in confusion. Nova flipped her helmet shield up and rested her stick on her thighs as she watched Portman argue with the referee about hooking. Sadly, the next thing happened and he was in the box.

"I told you not to kill him" She heard a soft laughter laced voice approach her. Suddenly, the girl grew a smile onto her face as she rapidly turned her head to meet gazes with the boy who never failed to make her grin.

"I didn't kill him," November shrugged, "I just injured him.."

Adam broke into a chuckle as he shook his head and flipped his helmet back on. Swiftly, he took November's gloved hand and began to skate off, dragging her along with her. "Come on, Super Nova. Lets play hockey"

November held a dreamy smile on her face as Adam let go of her hand and began to skate off. Though, her gaze never left from his protected countenance. Truly, the girl had been in such a whipped gaze as she looked at the blond boy that she hadn't even realised Portman in the box stripping off his clothes. Actually, it was a good thing that the play had been cut short again because November hadn't noticed the puck coming her way and she was sure they'd get cost a goal. Thankfully though, Orion called a time out after Ken was sent into the box because the team had too many players on the ice, meaning they had to play the rest of the game with three players.

November felt a rush of nervousness flood through her body as she took off her right glove and tucked it under her arm, taking off her helmet while she made it towards the bench. Her breathing had suddenly picked up and she didn't even realise her shaky right hand upon reaching the boards. Though, it didn't take long for the girl to feel a warm grasp wrap around her hand. In a small alarm, she turned her attention to where Adam stood beside her with his attention straight ahead, waiting to see what Orion had to say. However, she could see the small vivid smirk his face held.

"come on, bring it in!" Orion ordered as he leaned down to their level. "Now listen, the pressure is on them. Now all we gotta do is hold our ground..." Orion paused for a moment as he turned his gaze around at his team, landing to where November bashfully looked away from her stare at Adam's face. "Okay Conway, Banks and...." The man took a pause for a moment as he weighed out his options. "and Goldberg. We're going with you"

Adam loosed his grasp on November's hand as he glanced over at her with sad eyes. Though, the girl just turned her gaze back to him with a soft smile. "You got this" she encouraged as she gave his hand a soft squeeze. Suddenly, his face fell into content

With a charming smile, Adam gave a joking wink and slipped his helmet on. "this is for you, Collins" he said before he skated off. Though, all November could do was feel a slight heat rise on her cheeks as she shook her head and made her way into the boards, softly smiling upon where Orion slapped a 'C' back onto Charlie's shoulder. Despite, Adam's previously joking manner, everything he had said was the truth. In all honestly, whatever he would do on that ice was for November. It was always for November.

Nova stood between Connie and Guy as she anxiously watched the play begin, switching her gaze between the score board and ice. Everything happened so fast from the moment the puck landed on the ice. all throughout, Nova had been subconsciously bouncing her leg up and down in nervousness.

November felt her stomach drop as she watched Julie dive forward to clear the puck. However, it just landed in a varsity players grasp while Julie struggled to get back into her open net. Nova held her breath as she slowly watched the varsity player wind up for the shot. Truly, November couldn't breath upon watching the puck soar towards the goal, following its every movement with her eyes. When it neared the goal, November just about winced. Though, the wince was withheld as she watched Adam dive in front of the goal and save the shot. In that instant, November had squealed the loudest she ever had as she gave a jump in her spot. Connie and Guy, knowing all to well, had stretched their arms out around her for support in case she fell again.

"Oh my God!" November exclaimed as she turned to Connie with a huge grin and a face of relief. "I could kiss him right now!"

November had said her statement a bit louder than intended as everyone had heard and drew their gazes towards her. "DO IT!" the entire team said in a seriously desperate manner at the same time. Nova drew her eyebrows together as she let a small jump behold her upon how in-sync everyone was. Nonetheless, the blush still spread on her cheeks.

When Nova finally turned her gaze back to the game, she watched Charlie making his way up the ice with Goldberg and Adam behind him. Again, the anxiety in November had risen high. She watched intently as Charlie beat every varsity player but the goalie. In a swift motion, Charlie mad his way right in Scooter's grasp before backhanding to Goldberg, shocking everyone. Taken aback, November switched her gaze to the clock in worry before drawing it back to Goldberg.

"Goldberg!" everyone hollered simultaneously, "shoot!"

November squeezed her eyes shut in worry as she waited to hear the game close at a draw. Though, right before the final buzzer went off, music rang in her ear. The music of the goal buzzer. At that instant, her heart dropped.

Slowly, the girl fluttered her eyes open as she turned to face Connie in shock. "We did it?"

Connie bit her lip in excitement as she vigorously nodded. "We did it!"

Before the two girls could hug, November felt a tug at her arm, dragging her to the ice. In alarm, she caught grasp of Connie's arm, pulling her with them.

When the girls finally registered what was going on as they stood on the ice, the two exchanged smiles before breaking out in laughter. With that, they instantly looked around for one blond. Though, the two girls couldn't help but squeal as they saw Scooter plant a kiss on Julie's cheek in the distance. In excitement, Connie and November grasped one another's arms to withhold their jumps of glee.

Nova exchanged looks with Connie before the two girls moved their gaze to the group of boys that gathered around Goldberg and Charlie. Inevitably, November couldn't help her blush as she fell into eye contact with a boy who was looking for her too. Instantly, his eyes gleamed brighter and he grinned wide, sending her a small wink and finger gun. November pursed her lips into a soft smile as she glanced down to her skates in a bashful manner, not noticing the brunette girl watching their exchange.

Slowly, Connie Moreau leaned down to November's ear with a smirk, saying one thing in a small whisper, making the girl blush and recall the moment between Julie and Scooter.

"your turn..."

Brynn speaks !

Brynn back at it again with late updates 😎 (this would have been posted sooner but my phone is gross) also, I posted an edit of November on my editing account and I'll be posting Nadam on there soon so y'all should follow me 😎

@/jetbvnksy

✌🏻