29| I hate you...

IT TOOK ALL OF HER POWER to walk away from him in that rink as he stared down at his skates with no words. Every part of her wanted him to fight for her. Every part of her hoped that he would tell her to stay. But she supposed, she was just not the type worth fighting for.

November stared at him as he wore his helmet and didn't switch his gaze to her. She had a sharp pain in her chest thinking about it but, she had a feeling like if nothing were to happen now, this may be the last time she'd ever see Adam Banks in a long while. The girl had her sad fixated eyes on him as she took in everything. He was her best friend; even if she weren't his. Just then, she had simply given up and accepted that maybe, this is how things should be. Nova wanted to say something but the moment her mouth opened to speak, a voice inside her head whispered he doesn't care, he won't even reply. November shut her eyes and sighed as she turned away and began to skate off the ice, trying to accept the fact that that was the last time she'd see Adam Banks. Part of her did see this coming, but she didn't expect it to hurt this much. She felt weary and limp. She wanted to just collapse and never stand up.

As she felt the cold metal of the rink door handle, she felt a sharp pain in her chest as she suffered the slow closing of a huge chapter in her life. She didn't want the book to close but at this point, almost all of her knew it had to.

Everything was slow and painful. She truly couldn't take it. However, just as she were about to fully open the door and step out of the cool rink, she felt a flutter in her stomach. A random flutter.

It took her a while to register as she was suddenly spun around but the moment she saw him standing there, she couldn't help but feel her eyes fall soft.

In a quick and determined motion, Adam Banks slipped his helmet off his head with one hand and threw it onto the cold ice. Before his thoughts could make him contradict, he planted his lips upon the girl standing in front of him. Suddenly, it felt as if everything froze. In that moment, Adam Banks knew that he was back to being Adam again. He didn't let his thoughts contradict him away from what he truly wanted.

The kiss seemed longer than it had been because simply, it wasn't the passionate type but more of the soft type that lingered for a while. The type that looked like it had been waiting to be done for four years; because really, it was. In the moment, nothing seemed to matter but them. November never thought about her first kiss but she always imagined it to contain imaginary fireworks or sparks, but it didn't. It was something much more.

As Nova melted into the kiss, her eyes fluttered closed in content. Suddenly, everything had flashed to her from the first time Adam had came up to her in a rink when they were 10 and asked if she was alright. From the time she had been crying alone in an empty and dimly lit ice rink like this and he came by and talked to her; that was their first ever proper conversation. It was that moment that she had remembered the Circle of ice thing Guy had been talking about when they were ten years old. Four years ago, on an ice rink around a spot they had been standing on at the moment, Adam Banks came up to November Collins and spoke to her. That was the small beginning of something that would turn into so much more.

Adam's lips slowly pulled away from hers as November stood slightly stunned. She kept her eyes closed for a moment, but when they opened, she gazed straight into the blue eyes that she had grown so fond of through the years. There was a short silence as they stared at one another, truly trying to take in the moment that had happened.

"I love you," Adam whispered under his breath as his eyebrows drew together in self thought. "I love you.." he repeated a little louder. November swallowed the lump that formed in her throat as Adam's lips twitched into a small smile of realisation.