7th sense

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

LEE MINHYUNG

" I’m spending most of my time
In a place that’s uncomfortable even"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

-

When i was a kid my mom would always told me not to do anything that i would regret. I should follow the rules all the time, always think of what will others feel if i do something, try to communicate to people politely especially when they are older and respect one another. Now to think of it she's right.

Sitting on the cold floor when i should be home right now, on my own bed getting ready for my class. When at this time i should be home, I'm here with two people waiting for the time we can all be free. They are both nice i guess but i don't really care.

This placed looked like cages for people like me. They control your movements, they can beat you up whenever they wanted to and we can't even complain because we all deserve to be inside of this horrible place. My father would beat me up but never like those people do here.

They have the right to put me here and i regret everything of it. The stench of misery.  Merciless buffeting of guards.  Unbelievable sight of hand on hand fights. This is too much for me, there are some people here that are younger than me. I don't know how they handle it but i felt really sorry for them.

People are all here for the same reason. We broke the law. Alot of people can say nasty things towards us like we are a defect, we shouldn't even live, we deserve to die, but there's one thing i would say to them.

They don't know us, they don't know our story.

The people don't have the right to judge us and say things that would make another person feel inferior. I have learned alot of things while I'm inside of this cage. I think i already learned my lesson but of course that's not how the law works.

" hey mark.." a soft tone called my name. I knew who it was so i immediately stood up, i was infront of the metal bars and looked at him who was sitting down on the floor leanding against the wall. He would talk to me because the people with him wouldn't even talk to him. I felt bad that's why i was eager to talk to him whenever he called me.

" yeah, what's up lucas" i said as i heard a few groans and a complain from the other cell. I don't care about them though I'm talking to the only one who would talk to me at this point. I sat down as i faced him. " i heard the food today would be good.. Are you hungry because i am" he said.

Our usual conversation would be about food and our favourite things to do. We would hangout when we are allowed to do and that's when he show me how to work out since he looked so fit. " well i am too but not that much.. I can still remember the day they served us meatloaf.. It was horrible" i said. They would serve us normal people eat here but that one day they just served us meatload and i almost barf at how disgusting that was.

" yeah.. I would eat that but I'm surprised that you did" he said to me. I don't have a choice actually, that time i was so hungry and i don't know why. So i ate it while the others are looking at me with disgust because who would even eat that. " i got unlucky because i was hungry" i said to him as he laughed at me.

" WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP!!" someone yelled. It was coming from the other cell and i bet they are arguing again. There's these two people here that always argue and they actually got rough on each other that their other mate almost gave up and let them kill each other.

A guard rushed to their cell as i saw one of them being dragged out. He was cuffed and then they walked to the door, while i was looking at them the guy just looked at me as he scoffed and rolled his eyes. He was the one who sings every night, he has a great voice and it made me awed at him.

Though not all of us appreciate it as they would yell at him at being loud because sleep is their priority but i think it was cool. " and i thought it was us again.." lucas said.

Well his name is wong yukhei but i call him lucas since he wanted to be called like that than his real name. I found it kinda cool so he call me mark. We are getting close as time passes so it was great that he trust me." it is the two of you bitches.." a guy said. I didn't know who it was but lucas can see him.

He looked at me and mouthed the other guy who just got in a fight. " hey can you calm down" that was their mate who just talked. He would nagged at him like that and he would shut up. I found the situation quite funny and at the same time partly bad for their mate.

As i was about to talk to lucas the buzzer went on and the doors opened. I stood up as me and lucas went out. " it's lunch time finally" he said we are heading out to the door. The others are behind the both of us as they started to get loud. They actually knew people from other cells but no in their own. I mean there are few that get along with the people they are with but most of the time they would stay quiet and tried to avoid a conversation.

As me and lucas where heading to the cafeteria two people just ran infront of us. They are from the different level because i haven't seen them in our floor. " Hey! You two get in line!" a guard yelled as the two went back. We entered the cafeteria and there are alot of people eating already.

Me and lucas grabbed our food as we sat on one of the tables.

" you know the ones who are sitting with one another where the same people they have been with for the past years" lucas said. I slurred on the soup before looking at him. He looked for something before pointing it with his chopsticks. I looked at where he pointed it as i saw four people eating together.

" those have always been together during lunch but you can never see them on their free time together" lucas said as he was mentioning the four. Well they kinda looked young but they are older than me. I have seen them before and i didn't noticed them eating together like that. They could have been friends but since they are in prison they also could be here because they did something together and bought them here.

" okay.. They don't looked that they would be in prison though" i said as lucas looked at me. They looked like they would be in an agency and get famous or something. You don't expect a handsome person to turn up in a cell these days because they can do anything with a face like that.

One of them have a sharp jawline and has big eyes. The guy beside him has also the same sharp jaw but he has dimples showing on his cheek. The next on infront of him has a nice built and he is tall. And the last one is kinda short and but he has nice face shape and looked cute.

" but we don't know.. Don't judge a book by its cover" he said as he looked around again as he pointed again to another table. It has seven people in. They are eating silently and they are so concentrated on eating. " those people are Chinese. I have heard them speak and they only eat together since they are Chinese. They don't really know each other but somehow they ended eating together" he said. He pointed to another table and it has three people including the guy who just got cuffed earlier.

" those are the teens.. They are younger than us and they would eat together but also don't know much of each other and would rather not to.." lucas said. There are actually a few people in our table that are the same floor as us and i bet they can hear him enough. I looked at our table and i saw the guy who always had this fights with tan boy. I'm going to call cuff guy to tan boy because he is.

I got the chills as i saw him look at me. He has that long hair and that made me think of alot of reasons that he is dangerous. " and our table.. I don't know it got alot of different people" he said as he went back eating. We are silently eating as i noticed that our floor are the most quietest compared to the other who are some are really gettibg along.

It is just me and lucas who are having a conversation or we just didn't notice everyone.

_popo