Chewing Gum

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

HUANG RENJUN

"As if there’s air in it
My heart gets
bigger and bigger
Like it’s filling up with you"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

-

Art is my passion. Anything that i drew on is my life. I didn't knew that making art could lead me to a crime.

I'm a rebel art major, rebel because i drew on the streets where i basically lived. I use my skills in a form of art to address what i feel. It can be towards a person or the society. The internet spread my art as they call me the infamous RenD. That's what i wrote from everything i created.

Apparently alot of people post my art in the internet and we all know how one post can reach thousands of people, what more if alot of people post it. That's when people started to notice the message I'm saying. Freedom, justice, rights. Those are just few from the topics i put.

It got alot of attention when police started to take notice of it. I didn't mind at first but when they caught me it was the worst thing that happened. They didn't even let me speak about my perspective. The police sucks and they aren't being fair.

I don't have a family that can help me get out and if I'm still a minor they can sent me to a foster home and thank God I'm at a legal age now. The last thing i wanted was a foster family and they can be a hit or miss. I've been there once and they literally treated me like trash. This developed me to being a introverted rebel kind.

Since then i hated everyone. I didn't knew my parents, i basically raised myself up and now after living in hell i ended up in another one. I don't know if people are just stupid but i did not cause anything bad that would hurt alot of people.

I'm stating fact that people are so blind to see.

We all have a voice to be heard by other people and those who choose one side without even thinking about other perspectives.

Damn if i really studied hard enough i would be in a world of politics. But i didn't and i couldn't let my passion bring me down. O well being in prison will never let me have a chance in the real world anyways so might as well be a goddamn criminal instead.

I don't think i can change my life starting from this point on. This is the start of my midlife crisis and I'm not even joking about it.

" hey kid keep walking will you!" a man from behind was pushing me as we are waiting for the line. God i didn't even knew him and hell he isn't from our floor.

I'm keeping my cool since i don't want to start a fight.

" you got a little angry kid? Ha! What a joke" i was clenching my fists as i was picturing on my mind about my fist going to his head. I can fight a man like you, I'm not weak as other people would say to me. " hey leave the kid alone" a guy stepped in and he was one of the guys in our floor.

" fine.. What a loser" the man said as he went at the back. I wanted to say thanks to the guy who helped me but he already went back to his line. I'll definitely say my thanks to him later.

As the time goes by i was going to the court yard as that being my usual agenda. I have my drawing tools with me and of course the only thing that reminds me of freedom. The tree.

I sat there as the other inmates are doing their own jobs. I was lucky enough to be a bit free than others who have jobs to do. As i was busy drawing, i saw a guy being ganged up with the same people a while ago. He was puched against the fence and guards aren't doing anything about it.

I have to do something right?

I stood up and left my things on the ground. As i was walking towards them, one of them tapped the shoulder of the guy before and pointed at me. He had  a smile crept on his face and they let go of the guy. " well look who's here, the kid who couldn't fi-"

I punched him in the face as they are shocked at what i did. I looked at the guy who they ganged up on and i grabbed his arm and we ran away. " HEY COME BACK HERE!!" thry shouted at us as we both went inside of the building.

We went to a different directions and thats when guards stopped the both of us. " put your hands up!" they shouted as the both of us placed our hand in the air. Soon the men who are after us found us and they went to the opposite direction as they saw us with the guards.

The guards lead us back to our cells and the guy i helped was in the same floor as i am. I didn't see him much here as i thought he was just a dude from a different floor.

" nice of you to punch that guy in the face" a guy said as he went to my cell with a book in his hand. It was the same guy who helped me earlier, he must have seen what i did. " you also helped one of our own back there" he said.

I was about to say thanks to him but a guard interrupted us. " all of the criminals in this floor will not go outside for tomorrow, as a punishment for punching their own earlier" the guards said. No one reacted as others looked at me with fury. I see they saw me in the court yard.

" thank you by the way" i said to the guy as his lips formed into a smile.

" johnny.." he said as he went back to his cell. Well atleast i knew someone in this prison now.

_popo