Once Again

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

DONG SICHENG

" This summer once again "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

-

Quiet.

It's very too quiet today. It's unusual because the two people from the other cell aren't fighting. I understand what they are mostly saying since i learned alot of korean words and also a friend is teaching me but because I'm so nervous when people are talking to me i don't respond to them.

They may thought i don't know what they are saying but i really do know what they have been talking about. Sometimes i overheard conversations from other inmates and also guards. They would just look at me and ignore my presence and started to talk again.

That gained me alot of information actually considering I'm foreign.

Today was hot than usual and it may be a reason for their lack of energy to talk and move. I'm fanning myself as the other people with me are minding their own business. I have made a small fan from paper from the library. Hey you have to be resourceful around you won't survive if you aren't smart enough.

Being here is like surviving in a jungle except you can eat meals everyday. In our floor there different people that aren't just korean. There are people like me and from other countries. Though they are really fluent in their language but as for me I'm still learning.

I had help from a fellow Chinese on the end of the room. They are guanheng or hendery for short and chenle. They are both nice, i don't know if its because we are from the same country or they are genuinely nice. They are talk alot and most of the time when i don't know what the guards are saying they are helping me translate.

I was happy when i talk to them even if we only did it on the cafeteria because apparently there are cliques in here. Yes they have it here. Mostly there are people who bullies, those who thinks they are the bosses, people who has been here for a long time, newbies and foreigners.

I did not just said that right now.

Anyways we foreigners are divided and i sat where hendery and chenle eats and that's the china line of course. There are foreigners who speak english and came from different countries like the lucas boy and mark.

We can hear their conversations and it's another topic for another day. There are locals who sat separately because i don't know.. Issues maybe? Then teens. I didn't expect them to be here but hey it is prison and it's full of pain and mystery also misery. I wanted it to rhyme okay.

"hey can you pass me that" ten who in the cell with me pointed at the cardboard on the floor next to me. I picked it up and gave it to him as i heard a noise that came from the door.

" alright.. All of you need to get up and move. It's time to eat" a guard said as all of the cell doors opened and one by one the people went out. Ten was the first one to get out as i followed him and i met up with chenle and hendery.

" sicheng" hendery cling his arm around my shoulder as i heard chenle talked.

" sicheng what could be today's lunch. I hope we could get something to cool down" we are talking in chinese since it's the easiest way to communicate. The fact that we talk in our mother tongue i felt we are free from this prison.

No one else could understand us except those who can speak in our language. So having this we can talk watever we wanted.

This is the only thing I like about being a foreign. They couldn't understand us even we have something in mind. I couldn't believe I'm saying this but i wanted to escape.

Of course all of us wanted to be free but not everyone can be so sure that their plan is going to work. Me and hendery have been planning to do this and we just need some time and also a few other people that could help us.

I bet all of us wanted to get out too and we can get them so easily that they can't say no to us.

" yeah.. I'm sure they will give us something. We are still humans for fucks sake" hendery said as chenle smiled at him.

" i would be happy if it's ice cream though and please be something like that" chenle wished for it as we are walking to the cafeteria. The line was long since there are alot of people still eating inside.

" don't you think it's a great idea if we ask one of the people who stayed her the longest?" hendery whispered to my ear as i saw others minding their own businesses. I also thought of that too but it can get tricky and also hard since they are too intimidating to start to.

" yeah.. But we can't do it right now.. We have to get the right time.." the line starts to move as the cheerful chenle started to become irritated.

" it's too hot" he said as he fan himself with his hand. Yep summer in the right moment but also a very dangerous time.

_popo