Chapter 8 Pleasant Valley sunday

Isbel's pov

I want over to the refrigerator to get some blueberries (which are one of the best things to eat when you have a concussion)after washing them up I put water on for tea. When Kid came out of the bathroom and sat down at the table, I started to cook some eggs. When I had finished cooking the eggs I gave him the plate.

He looked down at it then at his clothes, and them me. His face was one of confusion.

"Penny for your thoughts,"I said.

"Eh? Oh... Why are you helping me, I'm a wanted criminal. Why were you at the museum? And You said you Knew Kuroba Toichi, the original Kaito kid, what's up with that?"

"Look Kaito what I'm gonna tell you might shock you so I want you to save all commentary till after. I was at the museum for one reason only to see an old friend, now I'm a highschool detective and a friend of Hakuba so I was able to get in real easily. Now the friend I'm talking about was kuroba Toichi, I met him Ten years ago in a fire he was going to steal a rare diamond that was being used but during the performance a fire had started and before anyone noticed it had gone out of control All I remember is getting pushed to the ground by the crowd by the I couldn't getup then next thing I knew a man garbed in all white carried me out of the fire I  blacking out after he found me and when I woke up again I was in a hospital And next to my bed was a yellow rose with a note attached to it that read 'Please take care of my little friend signed Kaito Kid'. I met him ten times after that and each time he would give me a yellow rose the last time I saw him was eight years ago. Kaito Kid was like a second father to me, I helped you because I knew who you were your father treated me like his own so I'll treat you like a brother."

"How do I know I can trust you?"He asked.

"You can't exactly."