Chapter 13 we will rock you

Police station

Isbel's pov

I gave Kaito the back pack and a listening device which was connected to a mic in my earing. I could have sworn I saw Hakuba. Then then someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey Isbel, can we talk," Hakuba's voice whispered in my ear.

"Uh sure I said, where?"I asked.

"In the conference room,"he said taking me there.

The room was your standard conference room. In the room sat Kugoro Mouri, Inspector Nakamori, and an old man who I vaguely recognised.

"What was It you wanted to talk about Hakuba?"I asked.

"Well actually it's more of a favor,"He said,"We . . . we would like you to help us trap Kid."

"What makes you think I'm capable of that?"I asked.

"We heard you have history with him, I believe he has the hots for you miss," the Inspector said.

"Even if it's not true it won't hurt to try,"The old man said,"I've tried many things, if you accept I'll publish the challenge tomorrow."

"He sees me more like a close friend or like a relative actually,"I asked.

"The chosen date and place is next week at the local cinema theatre, there having a talent show there which is were you come in," Kugoro explained.

"Let me get this straight you want me to enter into the contest to be bait for you to catch Kid?"

"Yeah, and to make sure he comes to you, your going to be wearing the the wagered emeralds," Hakuba clarified.

"I accept, under the condition that you provide me a place to stay till then."

"That's all?"The old man asked.

"Did I ask for more, because I'm not going to ask for anything more,"I clarified strongly.

"Alright one more thing what are you going to do for the show?" Hakuba asked.

"I'll sing something. I'll play Bridge over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel,"I said.

"Good enough for me," the old man said,"As for where you will reside you can stay in my mansion for the time being."

"Thank you sir, thank you very much."