Chapter 10 For what its worth

12:00

Isbel's pov 

The cinnamon rolls still had five minutes left in the oven when the doorbell rang. I walked over and opened the door. In walked Ran and Conan. 'Hope Conan doesn't dig deep here' 

"Ello governor,"I said to Conan as he walked in,"Here I'll have to introduce you to my friend, also bemindful he's got a concussion."

 I took them into the room Kaito was in. He was looking down at the cards I gave him shuffling them.

"These are my friends Kaito,the girl here is Ran Mouri and the little boy is Is Conan Ed-"

Kaito shot his head up when I said Conan. He looked at him and a smirk grew on his face,

"Are you a magician?" Conan asked.

 "Why, do you like magic tricks Conan?" Kaito asked.

"Well are you?" 

"Yeah, yeah I am," Kaito replied.

"ooh a magician," Ran said,"Are  you gonna show us some tricks?"

"Well naturally," Kaito said rether cockly.

"Well I need to keep an eye on the cinnamon rolls. So go ahead and do them without me,"I said.

After the second Magic trick the rolls were done in the oven, when I started to make the glaze Conan came over and tugged at my pant leg.

"Hey Isbel, is Kaito really your friend, if so how long have you known him?" Conan asked.

"Yes Conan he is my friend and I've known him for ten years."

"Really? How'd you meet?" He asked.

"You see Kaito's father was Toichi Kuroba, he was a famous stage magician and my father is an employee at the London Theatre,"I answered.

"What's Kaito's favorite color?"he asked.

"Why do you keep asking me questions about a person who is literally two meters from you? You don't trust him do you . . . . Look just because you think someone is suspicious doesn't mean they are a bad person,"I lectured Conan,"Rolls are done,"I announced serving them up on plates.

I took mine over to the window looking into the ally, there was a car parked outside. "That's odd,"I said,"That car's been manufactured in America."

"what type of car is it?"Conan asked while scooting a chair over to see.

"Ah, its a porsche, same model I drive too."

"WHAT? Lift me up to see it!" He yelled. I did so. I could feel his muscles tense up as I held him there,"Gin," he muttered. "We need to go, Now!"

"What's the matter Conan?" Ran asked.

*BANG* the sound of a gunshot came from down the hall.