Chapter 21 while my guitar gently weeps

The theatre 

Isbel's pov

The time had come I was up next.

A man at the back of the theatre were the sound was managed called out to the audience saying,"Up next is Miss. Arens here to show us an example of England's culture."

I took the stage and sat down at the piano and began to play.

"When you're weary, feeling small. When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all, all! I'm on your side, oh, when times get rough, and friends just can't be found. Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down. Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down." I sang,"When you're down and out,When you're on the street,When evening falls so hard.I will comfort you. I'll take your part, oh, when darkness comes.And pain is all around.Like a bridge over troubled water.I will lay me down.Like a bridge over troubled water,I will lay me down . . . . . . . Sail on silver girl, Sail on by Your time has come to shine, All your dreams are on their way,See how they shine. Oh, if you need a friend I'm sailing right behind. Like a bridge over troubled water I will ease your mind. Like a bridge over troubled water,I will ease your mind!"

I sat at the piano softly panting with the applause in the background. It soon died down. And a soft guitar could be heard. it got louder, and the tune was recognizable. It was my favorite song. looked behind me back stage and saw saguru whispering something to Nakamori.

"I look at you all, see the Love there that's sleeping. While my guitar gently we~eps," A man's voice sang.

Smoke covered the stage,"I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping, Still my guitar gently weeps," The voice sang again, but this time accompanied by another. They were vaguely familiar. I looked back stage again Hakuba was gone."I don't know why-y, nobody told you how to unfold your love!" Kid jumped down from among the lights and saguru had appeared on the other side of the stage. both of them were singing. I stood up.

" I don't know ho-ow someone controlled you,"Kid sang walking closer," They bought and so-old youu. I look at the world and I notice it's turning, while my guitar gently we-eps."

Hakuba picked up a guitar and walked on stage," With every mistake we must surely be learning," He sang along with kid. He was glaring at Kid.

"Still my guitar gently weeps,"Kid sang dramatically handing me a pink carnation.

I looked at it in his hand, and took of the glove I was wearing. Taking a deep breath I slapped him with the back of my hand,"That's what you get for leaving me for eight years!" I yelled at him. Everything went silent,"Leave me for eight years and then you have the nerve to show up again. Bringing back memories I'd rather forget. Clearly you don't know how it feels,"I said, I began to cry,"I thought you were dead."

" I came to step out of your life, not to come back in. I've made mistakes, and you've named one. I want you to be happy, just like any father would want for his little girl. But if you resent me still, then strike again,"he said lifting my chin up to look into his eyes, there were tears in his eyes.

"If what you say is true, then leave," I said wiping the tears from my own eyes.

"I'm not the only one with things to tell you," He said with a smirk,"Why else would I mention them in the advance notice?"