chapter 23 I've just seen a face.

inside the 'copter

Isbel's pov

"You never said anything," Saguru said after a while.

"Because I didn't have to,"I said giving him a peck on the cheek.

He blushed and looked at me.

"You've got guts, that's what I like about you. Your not afraid to tell the truth, your smart too,"I said looking at his reflection in the window,"I knew how you felt the entire time."

"If you knew why didn't you tell me!" He said getting more red.

"Haha, I wanted to hear it from your mouth."

I looked out the window and gazed at the gibbous moon, then I remembered. I took the emerald broch off and held it to the moon. It was a strange jewel with dark green patterns araying from the center, nothing happend. 

"What are you doing?" Saguru asked.

"Remember Kid asked us to look for something in the jewel, this isn't the one though," I said.

"Now that you mention it, Kid does that with all the jewels. Is he looking for something?" Saguru said.

"I think those men are looking for it as well. I need to tell Conan, also I need to talk with Haibara too. She might know what's going on."

"Who are Conan and Haibara?" Saguru asked.

"I'll take you with me tomorrow,"I said.

Police station

The helicopter dropped us off at the police station. 

"So what next?" Saguru asked.

"Well Nakamori probably going to have us answer questions for him, and after that I'll be going to my apartment, It's just a block away from where you live,"I said.

We made our way into the building. on our way down to the first floor we bumped into Inspector Nakamori on the elevator.

"Oh Just the people I wanted to see. Now did you happen to see Kid's face?" He asked.

"Sorry no, I didn't,"I said.

"Well then can you tell me what it felt like to slap him?"He asked.

"W-why?"

"I don't know. I mean it's not every day you get to slap a world wanted thief," He said.

"Well, in that case, I'd say oddly stress relieving," I said.

( to be continued)

faces hit count: 3