chapter 32 April Come She Will

Isbel's pov

After dinner Saguru took me out back to the garden. I was sitting up in one of the cherry trees. There was a pond with cherry trees around the circumference, there was a gazebo in the center of the pond with a bridge connecting it to the rest of the garden. The air smelled of lavender and rosemary, wich was clumped around the pond along with narcissus flowers gazing at their reclections in the cristal water.

Saguru was sitting at the bottom of the tree he had his guitar with him. He began to play a familiar tune, one my mother used to play when I was little.

"April, come  she will, when streams are ripe and swelled with rain. May she will stay, resting in my arms again. June she'll change her tune, in restless walks she'll prowl the night. July, she will fly, and give no warning to her flight. August, die she must, the autumn winds blow chilly and cold. September, I remember, love once new has now grown old," He sang. It was an old nursery rhyme about a cuckoo bird and the weather patterns.

I jumped out of the tree and ran over to the gazebo, Saguru followed. I gazed out at the water lilies.

"Beutiful, Isn't it," I said turning to look at Saguru, the setting sun making his hair shine gold,"Can you hear them?" he looked at me confused,"Close your eyes tell me what you hear."

"I can hear the traffic from the city," He said.

"No not that," I said.

"I know, you mean the birds singing their last songs of the evening, and the frogs mourning in the coming darkness, and the crickets chirping their lullabies," he said with one eye open.

"It's a shame we won't be able to see the stars," I said.

He put his hand on my cheek,"It doesn't matter, I can see them shine in your eyes," He said tucking my wild hair behind my ears,"Will an angel grace my lips with a kiss?" 

I put my arms around his neck drawing him closer till we met lips.