Prologue

Prologue

"Mr. Kim. Your car is here."
The secretary bowed her head in respect and kept her distance from her boss.
The man headed down the elevator, getting off on the basement level. Getting into the sleek black Mercedes-Benz, he slowly drove out of the parking basement and out onto the busy streets of Seoul. Speeding up, he soon pulled up to a tall building. Parking, the sharp dressed businessman walked in and rode the elevator up to the penthouse. His pocket vibrated, and he pulled out his phone to answer a call.
"Hello?"
"It's me, sir. You have a new client."
"Please, Hoseok, stop with the sir. I told you not to call me that."
"Sorry."
"Send me their contact information. I'll call you back, Hoseok."
"Of course, Namjoon."

"-nd I can't even believe that he would put you in the back, I mean, I swear I had no idea that he was going to do that. I'm so sorry miss, so sor-"
"Mister Park."
"Miss?"
"Do you really think that I care where I am in that photo?"
"Yes?'
The tall woman looked down at her shorter secretary.
"Mister Park, there are a million people in these magazines every year. This won't even be the cover. It's perfume. Who's going to care? If I didn't want to do it, I would have never come in the first place."
Walking ahead, the woman swept her long, black hair over her shoulder and got into the elevator.
"Please inform me of my schedule tomorrow instead of today. I have somewhere I need to be."
"Of course Miss!" The secretary scrambled to pull out his phone, looking up again when his name was called.
"Mister Park."
"Miss?"
"Please call me by my name. We have worked together for a year now. There's no need for formalities."
"Of course."
"I'll see you tomorrow, Jimin."
"You too, Yujin."