Chapter 14

Narrator POV

Yoongi was surprised, so say the least. He didn't expect that question from Yujin. Turning around, he watched as she stared, looking as if she was attempting to figure him out based on his tattoos. He chuckled, setting down the knife he used to cut onions and sat across from her.

"The ones on my hands don't have any specific meanings. Other than the five, which is the age I have my first memories, I just got them to finish my full sleeves." He spoke with a small sadness about the number five, but Yujin decided not to press.

"What about the vine and flowers?" Yujin asked, peering down at the intricate detail around his wrist.

"Ah. My mothers favorite flowers were Chocolate Vines. She grew them in hanging pots on the porch and a few in the living room." He turned his wrist over, showing the full tatto, which wrapped around his wrist but grew up his inner arm. There were little open-faced flowers that hung from the long, intricate vine.

"This one," He said, pointing to his other arm, "Is for my older brother." Yujin looked at it, and noticed that it was a ring of five lines around his arm, covered in musical notes and symbols. It was small, to fit all the notes, but big enough for Yujin to recognize that it was a piano piece.

"What piece is it?" She asked.

"Chopin's Etude Opus 25 number 5, also known as the infamous 'Wrong Note'" he said.

"Why is it for your brother?" Yujin asked. She watched as Yoongi smiled with a lingering sadness. "I'm sorry, you don't have to answer that. What about that one?" She said, pointing to a minimalistic style face.

"That's supposed to be the face of a woman I once loved, a long time ago. And before you ask, no, it wasn't my girlfriend. She was my best friend in middle and high school. I got it done in this style because she was an artist and drew in this style. She was amazing, too." Yujin noticed that Yoongi had more nostalgic tattoos than anything else, memories forever trapped in his skin with ink and needle.

"Yoongi?"

"Hm?"

"I have a tattoo as well." Yujin had never told anyone of her tattoo, always covering it with her ring.

Yoongi's head snapped up, confusion written all over his face. He watched as Yujin removed a ring off her finger, and for the first time, Yujin showed someone her tattoo.

"What is it, exactly?" Yoongi asked.

"It's a date. The date my parents died."