Chapter 9

A/N: Before I begin this, I am just going to let you know that there will now be a narrator POV, so that there is a third person POV instead of from only one perspective. Thanks for reading!!
____________________________________

Narrator POV

Namjoon had called Seokjin before arriving at Open Rouse, asking him if there was a peaceful and business-appropriate gift in which he could give Yujin to show he was glad to work with her.

Of course, Seokjin knew what Namjoon's real intentions were. He didn't want to show good faith.

He wanted to know if she would open up with a bribe. If she could even show the slightest cue, Namjoon might be able to help her better. Minoring in psychology throughout college, Namjoon knew how to read body language.

Namjoon researched, and Yujin wasn't on the internet other than what paparazzi and news articles posted about her, he couldn't find any of her family on any corner of the earth, and she certainly didn't take any personal time outside of her living space.

Namjoon was curious, more than anything. He had never met someone who was so driven and cold, so professional and calm. From his one meeting with Yujin, he could tell that she was very organized and collected, only focused on work. There was no ring, so she didn't have a husband, but there were Chinese characters on her necklace that looked personalized, so he figured maybe a boyfriend. Her hair was natural, not dyed like other models, and she had no healed scarring from any surgeries, so her looks were unaltered and natural.

Walking his way up the steps, Namjoon clutched the small black velvet box in his hands tightly. He walked in the front door and went to the front desk.

"Hello sir. How can I help you?" The clerk asked.

"Yes, I'm here to meet with Lee Yujin," He responded.

"Oh, do you have a meeting?" She asked.

"I don't but I am a business partner and need to see her, if she's available."

"Okay, well, let me call up and se-"

"Mister Kim?" Namjoon heard someone call. Turning around, he was met with Yujin in a long white gown made of silk.

The sleeves were long and tight, and the bodice wrapped around her torso tightly, giving way at the top of her thighs. The fabric relaxed and expanded, moving ever so slightly with any move she made. Her hair was pinned up other than two curled strands that lay across her face. A necklace of silver and white diamonds shown just above where the top of the dress came, the fabric dipping and showing much of her chest but only in a thin strip.

"My eyes are up here, Mister Kim," She said.

Namjoon's eyes snapped up quickly. "I apologize, your dress is very beautiful Miss Lee."

She smiled ever so slightly, and gestured for him to follow her. While walking, Namjoon studied the back of the gown. There was another large dip in the back, similar to the front, but the gap was wider and showed her whole back. It stopped right above the bottom of her spine. On the right side, there were buttons, and on the left, there were long strings that wrapped around the buttons and tied back on themselves. The sides, under her arms, were made of lace which was very much see-through.

Keeping his head down, Namjoon continued to walk with Yujin until the two were on an elevator. Yujin began slipping out of her heels and taking off her earrings, to which Namjoon looked at her quizzically.

"I apologize, but it is torture to ask a woman to wear heels for so long unless she is on a runway. Don't worry, nothing else will be coming off." She smirked as she finished her last sentence, and the elevator opened to a large hall with a room at the end. Yujin got off with Namjoon following her, and the two stepped into the room.

Namjoon looked around, the room appearing to be Yujin's office. There was a floor to ceiling glass wall behind the desk, the two walls on each side a deep brown. The wall facing opposite the glass wall was creme colored, and the space was full of wood furniture. There was a tall, dark bookshelf that took up three quarters of one wall with a small chair and table stand at the other end. The other wall had a clothing rack, a storage unit with clear cabinets filled with shoes, another chiar, and a tall plant whose leaves were spilling out of the pot. Hanging from the ceiling in certain places were other plants of all shapes and sizes, but it was clear that they were all real.

Her desk, however, is what caught his eye the most. There was a computer and book stand like most office desks, but the front of it had been carved out and held a row of magazines and a couple bottled waters. The top of her desk was littered with papers that had all kinds of drawing on them, and when he took a closer look, he saw that they were templates for clothing.

"You should turn around, if you want the full tour," Yujin said. Namjoon did so, and was struck with the wall facing the desk.

It was covered in abstract art items, most of which depicting either a beautiful woman, the night sky, or to his surprise, death. He was surprised to see that so many were showing images of death and destruction, which he only realized was because he had studied abstract art that he noticed it. To everyone else, they would look like random colors in unspecified shapes, but Namjoon recognized a few of the pieces and could tell which ones were about destruction.

"Yoo In-Jeong? You have his art too?" He asked, turning around to face Yujin. If she was surprised that Namjoon knew his work, she didn't show it at all.

"Yes, along with Min Seonghee, Hui Leejin, and Mai Xing Tao. I find it captivating," She said. Yujin sat down in her chair behind her desk and motioned for Namjoon to sit in front.

Sitting down, Namjoon placed the small box on her desk. Yujin looked at it, then back up to Namjoon, who simply nodded. Picking up the box, Yujin opened it.

Inside was a silver chain that linked together by two rings. There was no clasp, as the necklace was to simply fit over the top of the head. Engraved in the rings were three chinese characters which read "the long gone and forgotten".

"It's beautiful, Mister Kim. Thank you," She said, taking it out to inspect it further.

"It is to symbolize that we will not leave, that the men who are assigned will protect you at all costs. I happen to know that both of them would gladly take a bullet for you. And please, call me Namjoon," He replied.

"Well, Namjoon, it's quite a trip from your office to mine just to give me a necklace, isn't it?" She asked.

"Well, yes, but I wanted to make sure that everything was settled. I know you haven't met Yoongi and Jungkook yet, but they are moving in today, yes?"

"They are. Jimin left early to let them in and help them get settled," Yujin said as she set down the necklace. "I can't imagine that's the only reason you have come here, though."

"Well, perhaps I wanted to come see the infamous space of Lee Yujin for myself," he replied.

"Oh Namjoon," Yujin said, standing up. "I think we both know that you won't be able to get away with lying around me." She walked around the desk to the bookshelf and began searching for a particular title.

"Is it that noticeable?" Namjoon asked, choosing to instead look out the glass wall.

"Not unless you know what to look for," she said. Finding the book, she grabbed it and walked back over to her desk, setting it down closer to Namjoon than herself.

"What's this? 'Minds Alike, Hearts Too Young' by Kim LeeYeong," He read out.

"It's to help you with your obvious questions. You came here for me, to learn about me, and I must say, you came a lot earlier than I thought you would. Read it, mark it, do whatever you'd like with it, but it should be pretty informational, Namjoon."

Picking it up, Namjoon flipped through a couple pages before closing it again. "I don't think you really know what it is th-"

"Namjoon, you'd be surprised how easy you make it for me to read you. You aren't the only one who minored in psychology, you know." Yujin smiled slyly, and began powering up her computer.

Namjoon smirked, chuckling at how good she was.

I've met my match, haven't I?

Security Depositजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें