Chapter 4:

Ghost
Savannah Georgia

I unlocked the door and walked in the house, and saw Tara peek her head from the kitchen.

"Hey." she said as I came into the kitchen. "I made you a foil."

"where ava?" I asked.

"sleeping she was playing with Kaylin all day." she said as she kissed me on the lips.

"You heard about Shay?" I asked.

"yeah king stopped by and told me." she said as she handed me my plate.

"ima call around and see if anybody have seen or heard anything." I said as I grabbed a fork.

"nick you don't owe them anything." she said as she crossed her arms.

"I know I don't but Shay's family ion want nothing to happen to her we just want her home safe." I shrugged.

"whatever." she mumbled

"cmon bae don't be like that." I said.

"I'm not being like anything i'm tired night." She said as she grabbed her phone and went upstairs I sighed and finished my dinner and watched the game it was late at night when there was a knock on my door I grabbed my gun and walked to the door and opened it quickly and it was a little boy with a small suitcase in his hand and I saw a car drive off quickly.

"Aye! You left yo kid!" I yelled as I walked off the porch but they kept driving I sucked my teeth in and turned around and looked at the lil nigga.

"was that yo moms?" I asked and he nodded.

"Nick who was at the door?" Tara asked as she walked outside.

"Ion know somebody left they fuckin child at the door and drove off." I said.

"awe, hi what's your name?" Tara asked as she bent down to his level, and he didn't say anything.

"I don't think he talk." Tara said.

"Man." I said as I walked back in the house.

"cmon you gon come in here with us." Tara said as she grabbed the lil boy's hand and bag.

"man hell nah leave that lil nigga outside." I said.

"Nick he's a kid we can't just leave him," she said.

"why the hell not?"

"I'm gonna put him to bed stay here so we can finish talking." she said as she walked upstairs with him I looked at his suitcase and grabbed it and sat down I opened it up it was filled with some clothes and a piece of paper I opened it and began to read it.

"Dear ghost, I don't know how to explain this but Quincy is your son, he needs someone who's going to take good care of him and I know you will do everything I cannot do for him, I didn't tell you about him because I found out you had a girlfriend and I didn't want to break up your family. I don't want money I just want you to take care of my sweet boy that is your payment to me."

Love , Lanae Dubree

"Shit." I mumbled. I crumbled the paper up and quickly put it in my pocket as I heard Tara come down the stairs.