Chapter 6:

Shay Diaz
Atlanta Georgia

"Uno." Lacey called out excitedly.

"fuck." I said as I put my cards down.

"let's go another round." Lacey offered.

"I'm good kinda tired." I shrugged.

"oh okay see you tomorrow in group?" she asked.

"yep." I said as I got up, I began walking to my room when I ran into ace.

"aye". he said stopping me.

"what ace." I asked.

"Look what I got wanna pop one?" he asked while pulling out a tiny bag of white pills, my heart began to pace and it started to get hard for me to breath.

"get that out my face." I snapped.

"girl what's wrong witchu?" he asked while mugging.

"I'm trynna get clean I can't be around that." I said.

"oh you was serious?" He asked.

"yes ace I'm serious, why do you even have those aren't you here to get clean?" I asked.

"no I'm here because I don't have a choice." he said while winking at me.

"idiot." I mumbled as I walked away I walked to my room and sat on my bed and looked at the ceiling that's all I could do I heard a knock on my door and realized I had fell asleep.

"Shay." Quinn said.

"hm." I said while sitting up.

"You have a visitor." she said.

This would be Xavier's second time this week visiting which was weird. I got up and followed Quinn to the visitation room and my heart dropped, it was king and Tara, I figured king would find me eventually but Tara I wouldn't think she would want to see me after everything I've done to her but she had a warm smile on her face as I sat down it was genuine.

"how did y'all find me?" I asked.

"damn Shay you could've at least told us." Tara said while looking around.

"King." I said.

"Tara figured it out." He mumbled and I looked at her I wanted to get up and hug her and tell her how much I missed her but I couldn't do that I've done so much damage to her life that the only thing I could do is what's best for her and push her away she doesn't need me in her life she deserves to be happy with a best friend who doesn't come with baggage like the shit I'm carrying.

"you shouldn't have came." I said shaking all the thoughts out my head.

"I wanted to, I want to apologize for not being a friend I should've listened instead of lashing out on you." she said as she grabbed my hand.

She deserves better so much better than me.

"thank you for the apology but you should've stayed back home I don't need your damn pity or anyone else's." I said while snatching my hand.

"Shay it's not my pity I understand now you don't have to keep trying to push me away you came here to get better." she said.

"Listen to me carefully stay away from me and my family your not wanted." I snapped.

"That's what you want?" she asked as tears filled her eyes.

"yes."

"fine." she snapped and stormed off.

"Shay!" King snapped.

"what?"I asked.

"why would you say that she came here to make things right with you."

"why are you defending her? You both must be fucking with each other." I said as I crossed my arms and he scoffed.

"you know you the last person to be accusing someone of cheating, yeah Elijah told me about y'all fucking before we moved to Houston." He said.

"It wasn't like that." I said as I put my hands on my face.

"what was it like then? Shay I've defended you fought for you, and all you do is treat me like I'm nothing." He semi yelled.

"it is what is kevonte." I said as I wiped a tear.

"no, I won't let you keep breaking me down it isn't fair." he said as he got up and wiped his mouth.

"What are you saying?" I asked as my voice cracked.

"I won't keep being your second choice your in love with Elijah and I've knew it all along I denied it because my love for you but I'm tired so tired shay." he said.

"kevonte listen to me elijah is in the past okay your my future." I said as I grabbed his hand and he shook his head and kissed my hand.

"I'm done shay, take care of yourself I'll have a lawyer to work out the arrangements for kaia." he said and walked away, leaving me there I couldn't breath my worst fear was coming to reality I walked out of the visitation room and quickly to my room.

"Aye shay you straight?" Ace asked but I just brushed passed him and went into my room and closed the door and grabbed a pillow and screamed years of memories started rushing through my head I sat on the floor and cried the door opened and ace walked inside and shut the door.

"Shay?" he asked, and I got up and grabbed him.

"give it to me." I said as I tried to go through his pockets.

"give you what?" He asked.

"the pills I need it to stop ace." I said.

"Shay you need to calm down." he said as he sat me down.

"ace give me the damn pills!" I yelled and he covered my mouth.

"I'm not giving you shit." he said and I began sobbing and he hugged me. "you gotta face this head on let it out deal with it burying your pain in drugs ain't gon make it go away only gon make it harder," he said as he kissed my head.

"I can't I want it to go away." I sobbed.

"It will it won't be easy but it'll go away I won't let you turn out like me you are gonna get out of here and take care of your daughter and live your life." he said and I nodded as I hyperventilated.

***

dang king deserves better.🥺 me personally think king should've left her a long time ago shay never loved him.☹️ Shay is still pushing Tara away and for what? I told y'all Ace was gonna be an important person in Shay's recovery. It was a short chapter my bad. Make sure y'all comment and vote! 🥰