Chapter 16:

Kevonte Coleman
Houston Texas

"stocks going down ." I said as I flipped the page of the tablet .

"yeah because you were gone on that vacation and the distraction of -

"Shay's not a distraction anymore ." I said while looking at Zyion and she put her hands up in surrender.

"what's the deal with you and the runaway she bad." Shawn said while finishing the bag of chips .

"the runaway name is Zoie , I found her in the streets no place to go decided to help her out ." I said.

"did he forget to mention she's a thief ." Zyion said .

"yo you trippin letting the girl around ya daughter ." Shawn said .

"Zoie's good and Kaia likes her. Zoie just had a rough past ." I said .

"Dont come crying to me when ya shit come up missing ." Zyion said .

"y'all finish up I gotta make some calls ." I said as I grabbed my phone .

"Von come right back ." Zyion warned and Shawn rolled his eyes and bucked at her.

"yeah ." I said as I walked out of my office .

"this is my mommy ." I heard Kaia say from a distance . I stopped and peeked in her room Kaia was showing Zoie the book I gave to her .

"your mommy is very beautiful." Zoie said .

"yeah but daddy says she's sick right now ." She said , and Zoie played in her hair .

"your a very lucky girl to have someone like your daddy and mommy ." Zoie said with a small smile .

"where's your daddy and mommy ?" Kaia asked .

"they passed away some time ago ." she said .

"But who tucked you in at night and helped you with your abc ?" Kaia asked , and I smiled .

"sometimes girls and boys don't have parents like you do so they have to learn how to do it themselves."

"that's sad ." Kaia said , I cleared my throat and knocked at the door and Kaia and Zoie looked up .

"hey daddy ." Kaia said while smiling .

"hey baby ." I said while kissing her head .

"your done working ?" She asked .

"no not yet I wanted to borrow Zoie for a minute." I said while looking at her .

"okay ." she said as she went back to playing with her toys , zoie smiled and I got up and walked out of her room to the front and Zoie followed .

"something wrong ?" she asked as she crossed her arms .

"Nah I just wanted to thank you ." I said while putting my hands in my pocket.

"What's the deal with the wife?" She asked .

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"I know a crack head when I see one ." She said while smiling .

"Shay isn't a crack head ." I said .

"so she must be the rich girl who has everything gets depressed turns to drugs?" She said while tilting her head .

"you gone let me talk?" I asked and she shrugged and sat down .

"I met shay through a associate when I first saw her it was like love at first site ." I said while looking down . "I learned about her past and that made me want her more , she was abused by her father and she was in love with the associate I was talking about but I knew he wouldn't treat her how she deserved to be treated ." I said .