Chapter 11:

Q
Savannah Georgia
cold and angry, that's all I feel. The one person I let in I loved shared everything with is gone and I hate that shit. It pisses me off how everybody suddenly loved Shanika when she gone nobody fucked with her for real.

"Marquis?" My mama asked as I fixed my tie.

"what."

"everybody is here you wanna come downstairs and greet them?" She asked.

"I'll be down there." I said and she closed my door. Everybody been walking in egg shells around me as they should because I'm willing to go off on anybody at this point I put some sun glasses on and walked downstairs. Today was her funeral, my mama set everything up I couldn't do it, I wasn't gonna do it but she had to be nice because her family couldn't afford it. All my friends and family were here and some of shanika's family she didn't have much but she had enough for her. Her moms and grandma walked up to me I expected them to yell at me but her grandma just lifted her shaking hand and wrapped it around mine.

"how are you?" she asked.

"I'll be better when this over." I said.

"Shanika loved you so much Marquis." Her mom said.

"yeah." I said and walked off I wasn't feeling the conversation wit her folks none of this felt real I walked in the kitchen and Tara was talking to one of nika's relatives she walked up to me I wasn't trying to hear what she had to say.

"Marquis please." she pleaded.

"ion wanna talk." I said as I poured me a drink,

"we tried detective McNeal had us locked in-

"lemme ask you sum, if it was shay wouldn't y'all have did anything to get outta there?"

"Don't do that." She said.

"I asked y'all to save her I put her life in y'all hands and y'all failed me." I said

"Marquis don't blame Elijah." She pleaded.

"im allowed to feel whatever I want and right now I'm done with this whole family." I said.

"We are family Q that's why she did what she did for us for-

"She didn't do that for me. she did it for herself." I said and walked away. We all went to the church and after the service we were allowed to say our goodbye's for the final time i went last after everybody went outside. they dressed her good she looked beautiful I bent down and kissed her head and grabbed her hand and pulled out the engagement ring I got her and put it on her finger.

"you ain't shit." I said as I wiped my eyes. "I don't even care that I'm in church why you leave me alone? I needed you and you left me here how I'm supposed to go on without you?" I said while sniffing. I looked at her one last time and walked out of the church and I saw Tara arguing with Felicia and JayJay I sighed and walked over to towards them.

"you have no right being here." Tara snapped.

"I do shanika was aramis son." Jay jay said.

"was?" Tara said as she mugged.

"well she's dead so legally-

"Legally shit that's still Shanika son and if you came here for that then where the hell is aramis?" she said while crossing her arms.

"it's not the time or place." I said calmly.

"you don't got a mouth on you nomo I hope you know this Yo fault." Jay Jay said while walking up on me.

"don't do it," I said as I looked around.

"don't do what bitch ass nigga," he said while smiling in my face he had the audacity to get in my face knowing what today is. I punched him in the face and got on top of him and grabbed him by his shirt and just hit him repeatedly until blood came gushing out his nose and mouth. Elijah grabbed me and I snatched from him.

"YALL HAPPY NOW?!" I yelled as I looked at everybody and stormed off.

***

I sat in an empty dark house by myself after the fight I just wanted to be alone I didn't even go to the grave site with everybody I wanted the day to be over with I couldn't sleep every time I closed my eyes I saw her and it pissed me off because it should've been me. The door opened and my lights cut on and it was elijah I sipped some more of the bottle and sat it down and got up and unloosened my tie.

"are you okay?" He asked.

"get out." I said.

"I'm sorry I tried okay I didn't let her die intentionally Q."

"but you let her I needed her and you let her die I needed you as my brother my bestfriend to help me and you couldn't even do that but whatever you need I break my back getting it whether it's for Shay or you." I said while laughing.

"don't blame Shay."

"Nah I would never blame her, it ain't her fault it's yours you choose what you want to make your priority and I wasn't one of em." I shrugged.

"Marquis I'm hurting too-

"YOU HURTING? You didn't lose the love of your life she's still here I lost everything shanika, aramis ion got nothing nomo." I said.

"you do you got us man we're here for you, you just need to stop pushing us away."

"apparently I'm not doing a good job."

"whenever you ready I'm here." elijah said before walking out and closing the door, I fell on the couch and laid down and looked at the ceiling. I can't do this I can't stay in this house I can't be around them it hurts to much as much as I wanna scream at elijah and blame him for everything I can't I can only blame myself because I brought her into my world and now she's dead because of me.

***

wow. this was a short sad chapter, when Marquis is sad it makes me sad because he's never sad. How you think Marquis gonna cope with her being gone? Who pov y'all want next? Make sure y'all comment and vote! 🥰