Chapter 13:

Kevonte Coleman
Houston Texas

"so what do you want to do?" Barry my lawyer asked me.

"Kaia will stay with me she'll be allowed to go see shay on the weekends if shay doesn't agree with this then i guess we'll have to take it to court and let them decide, it'll be dumb I'll win the case and she'll end hating me even more." I said as I looked out the window.

"Ms. Diaz shouldn't take it to the court, she's a recovering drug addict she doesn't have a stable home or job worst scenario is they give you full custody and she'll only be allowed supervised visits and I know you don't want that you need to get her to agree with your deal." He said.

"I didn't tell her because I didn't want to hurt her but kaia said she doesn't want to see her." I said while looking at him.

"this is a difficult time kevonte but you need to put your personal issues to the side and do what's best for kaia." He said while sliding the contract towards me.

"thank you Barry I'll have my decision made later today." I said and he got up and hugged me.

"proud of you son." he said while patting my back and I nodded and he walked out of my office leaving me their with the contract, Barry is our family's personal lawyer he's the best in the business so if he think shay should take my deal she should, if she takes this to court i will have parental rights and she'll most likely have none especially if they question kaia about her moms drug addiction and I'm not going to tell kaia to lie for Shay that's not how I'm raising our daughter. I grabbed the paper and walked out of my office and bumped into a tiny person I looked down at a smiling kaia.

"Daddy look!" She yelled as she showed me a picture she drew.

"Look at that it's beautiful." I said as I picked her up.

"I saw Barry." She said as we sat down on the couch.

"yeah me and him was talking about mommy." I said.

"okay." she said, I sighed and reached under the table and grabbed a book.

"you know mommy loves you?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Mommy is just going through something right now so she can't be here physically but mentally she's right here." I said while pointing at her heart.

"okay." She nodded.

"she's always loved you we both have you were our greatest gift." I said as I opened the book and showed her pictures of her and Shay.

"is that me?" She pointed at a picture when she was first born.

"yeah look at how happy mommy was you made her happy." I said as I played in her hair. "kaia me and mommy are going through a rough spot so you might have to talk some people and whatever they ask you I want you to tell them the truth you understand." As my voice cracked.

"I guess." She nodded.

"you know what the truth is right?" I asked.

"mhm it's like when you asked me when I ate the cookie and I told you I did." she said while smiling, and I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"Good girl, daddy loves you and everything daddy does is for you okay." I said as I gently grabbed her face and she nodded and I pecked her on the head and hugged her.

***
"wassup corie." I said as i dapped him up and out my things down so he can ring it up.

"haven't seen you and Shay over this way nomo what happened?" he asked as he put my things in a bag.