Chapter 2

" Things don't always work the way we plan, but we can happen while what we plan happen. The worst doesn't come to pull us down but to make us need for speed, it triggers your aim and spirit and helps you be that light..". @realpresh.

Ira.

I saw a bright light, it shined so bright, Iya was standing in between the light and he had his hand out for me, I walked slowly as the light captured me but I heard my dad's voice from behind, it was loud enough but I couldn't see him,

'Ira, why are you so cruel, your mother left, Iya did same and now you?, hell no Ira!!! you can't do this to me, you have fought for three days you can fight More my dear, I can't stay a loser forever. I have reached the deadline and I can be a winner with you Ira, we can win and overcome, please don't leave me yet' Dad said to my lifeless body, those words made me change my mind.

I bid Iya Goodbye I could see his smile and I ran back to find Dad and stay with him and that was how I regain consciousness, dad was the first person I saw that day and I gave him the best smile I could mutter, 'Am here dad to stay' I told him very proud.

(Five years after)
********************************
I took Iya's wardrobe, I made it mine I wore his clothes and dress like him, I just want to feel him close to me, when I look in the mirror I see me in my face but through my dressing I see him, I believe I am living my life and his .

Dad is really worried about me, but I told him I've never been better, he understood me and didn't bother about My appearance.

I decided to get into the university Iya attended just to fulfil his dreams, he wanted to be a Doctor, always ready to attend to kids in pain,

he wanted to give them hope even when hope is lost, he wanted the orphans to see him like their dad and mom.

He never wanted to marry after what mom did to dad but because of me he changed his mind just a little though, but he still didn't get attached to girls even though they made advances on him.

My dream is similar to his in a way, its same in goal but opposite in field. I want to be a motivational speaker and an orator.

So in order to achieve Iya's dream, I have to go to his uni since its like the best for now, especially when it comes to science,

I just want to get a certificate for him even though it will carry my name, I can run an online course for myself and just appear present for Iya.

' I know it sounds silly, dad but I really want to do it, please dad do this for me, don't reject this offer,' I told my dad who thinks my idea is stupid, finally he agreed after much pressure.

The first day in Iya's school was so horrible, Dad insisted he dropped me in school personally, he packed my luggage's inside the house he rented for me,

it was my idea that he should rent a house for me instead of me living in campus, I love my privacy a lot and my dad knows that too well.

Five years ago I made my decision and here I am seeing it coming to light, I hugged my dad the fifteenth time today until he finally decided to drive away,

I unpack my things and settled in so that I can wake up fresh and healthy for the next day which is going to be my first day in university far from home.

I welcome a friendly but strange happiness that I forgot to eat dinner.

The next day as early as 3:45am I'm up because I couldn't sleep, my stomach is rumbling so hard, I made myself a big bowl of pasta and I dig in till 5:00am, am too filled, to the extent I can't stand erect, I belch a bucket before having my bathe.

As I attempted to brush my teeth I puke on my brush. It helped me ease the pain a little, I drank a cup of water I couldn't do anything so I called my dad.

he came to pick me up by 6:30am that morning, he called a cleaner to help me clean up the mess I made.

he took me home and made sure I got treated, Dad insisted I stayed for another day, he cared too much about me because I am literally the only one he has left.

After two days dad decided that I return to school after my constant plea, he dropped me off in school instead of my house because I have an early lecture today, it took long before I could locate my lecture hall.

'Finally', I said as I found my lecture class, I put my hand on the door knob and try to twist it but it did on its own and the first person I saw happens to be my lecturer, Mr. Yawn,

I froze on the spot, he eyed me up and down and back up and back down, I had to clutch my boobs like am protecting it from his eyes because obviously he just undressed me with those smoky eyes of his.

'Hey, who are you and are you for this class?, in fact were you supposed to be in this class that just ended?'

He asked me this time searching my face 'like its his drawer and he just found his wife's underwear in it'.

' Well sir, I began, am Ira claus sanderson(i hate pronouncing my full name because its too long), I am taking this class sir, I'm so sorry i am late,I said to him, he just stared at me quietly, I gave him this confused look and he was still searching my face.

I took out my phone, checked the school's map and time table to see if I actually got the class number and venue, I checked the wall and found out that i'm in the right place but at the wrong time.

I turned my attention to Mr. Yawn and oh boy, the way this dude is looking at me he has eaten me up like I'm a sponge cake '(oh I love that cake)'.

I immediately took to my heels before I use my bag to smash his face so hard for staring at me like that.

'come back here Irac' I heard him call, I don't know why he must add 'c' to my name,

I don't give a damn, I said to myself and I ran out of the school building,

'School sucks',I muttered as soon as I got out save.

I decided to use the bus home because dad dropped me off and I didn't get to bring my bike, the bus ride was a quick one.

I changed into my beige, took out my laptop and started my own online lectures with a cereal to help me settle.

I slept late but I have to wake up early, so that what happened yesterday won't show its ugly face again today.

Please do not forget to leave your votes and comments*****