Chapter 24💅👀

'CORA'.💌

Ira's POV;

I've walked about two blocks away from il laboratorio del gelato, my legs are starting to hurt me, I can't even think of walking some more, I have not walked too much but the pain I'm feeling after the way my date with Walter ended, I have cried so much in the last minutes and my body really hurts a lot. I didn't know Cole could be this inhumane and leave me behind knowing fully well I didn't bring my car.

I see a familiar car park in front of Bemelmais Bar, I move closer to the park space and I'm not mistaken I've seen a familiar car, its actually Cole's.

I made my way inside the bar, after wiping my teary eyes not to attract unnecessary stares  from those inside. I scan the room carefully and I see Cole in between bottles, A purple haired girl is sitting across him and she's obviously flirting with him and he is smiling at her joke.

I turn around to leave but on a second thought I decided to stay, because I don't have a ride home, when he is done drinking I'll ask him to take me home.

I ordered for a bottle  of beer, I don't drink, my dad always thinks I'm too young for that, but now I don't care what my dad thinks, I'll just have a bottle to keep myself busy until Cole is done. In less than ten minutes, I have four empty bottles in my front and I'm sipping the fifth gradually, I watch Cole closely from here because I don't want to lose him and end up walking my way home.

His eyes met mine and he looked really surprised to see me, he got up from his seat, I thought he was leaving but no he staggered all the way to where I am. He sits close to me and wrap his arm around my shoulders.

"So you done kissing Walter?". He asked smirking at me.
"You mean if I was done slapping him for trying to kiss me the second time". We both laugh at our stupidity, the drinks are having effect on us.

" I assume you walked to this place, seeing you are not with him after what he did ".
" yea you assumed right". I answered.
"You should have called anyone to take you home".
" there's poor reception,silly".
"A cab won't be a bad idea". He said, he is already making me feel bad for myself. "
okay maybe I didn't think of that one". I said honestly, stirring my drink with my index finger that I poured in a glass, the ice inside makes my finger feel swollen, but that didn't stop me, I'm just nervous already, I don't know what to do or think, hot tears leave my eyes, I don't know why I am doing this, but this is the only solution to my heavy aching heart.

"Don't you want him anymore?". Cole asked as he belch.
I shook my head negatively, as I thought of what to say.
" its not about him, I'm just not happy anymore when I'm with him, I'm happy when it's you there, I don't know why, but.....never mind it isn't worth it". I said between tears and my heart hurts more. I drain all the drink  in the cup and pour myself more in the glass. I was about to put the content to my lips but Cole stopped me.

"Enough".
you've taken too much and you are talking from the influence, I don't even know if its you or the alcohol talking, but one thing I know is that you also make me happy, you have won my heart Ira,
when I'm with you I feel like there's nothing to worry about, just two of us on the earth far from the dangers of life, you make me forget my pains, my worries and so much more, your charming smile, your intelligence they all trigger me".

Okay why is he saying all these to me, Is he also influenced by the alcohol he took, is he just saying it because I did start it, obviously he is handsomely drunk.

He cup my face in his hand and stare at me with those green eyes  of his, " you are beautiful, Ira, and I'll die if you aren't mine, its either you or no one else, after we went to the foster home, I believed in love again, I want to do everything for you and with you,
Remember the wishes you outlined for me on the bridge?, let me stand by you to achieve em' ".