Chapter 40

..............
Ira.

The sun is coming up gradually and the cool breeze making my hair clasp to my face, the flowers dance uniformly as the breeze blow on them, the pool laugh lazily as the wind giggle.

A Normal day could have made me enjoy the bed even more but an abnormal one like this has me staring non stop at everything my eyes find.

My legs are drawing me to the pool, it's been so long since I got in one, memories of myself playing in the pool with Iya start playing on my mind and I let out a loud laugh at the thought of it all.

"It must have been ages since you got in the pool". Dad speak from behind me as his hand comes to my back,

"Been a long time". I add looking beside me to see the  man behind this grown girl.

"Mind if we go in". Dad said happiness leasing in his tone.

"Do I need to think about it?". I joke dropping my glasses on the grass as dad takes off his shoe.

We jump in holding each others hands, its really amazing I can remember doing this same thing with Iya and dad, it was so much fun then, and now its just like before maybe I didn't realise my life can still continue with other characters if I had tried it with them.

"The water is so cold baby". Dad baby talk, I know what he's doing, I do that when I was a kid, now its His turn to drive down memory lane.

" Dad!!". I laugh at his tone hugging him so much
"I know my child, I'm the best right?". He tease once more.

"You two are going to catch a cold, come out will you".  Dad and I snap our head to the direction the voice is coming from, only to see mom pouting at us and hold two towels in her hands.

"We better get out we don't want to annoy mummy". Dad say pulling me up so I can go out.

She wrap me with the towel tickling my side as we laugh together, I took the towel from her and moved her to go to Dad which she gladly accept.

"Hey old Man". She tease first.
"Oh I'm now an Old Man, come here". Dad say pulling her to him.
Now this, this is going to be fun.

"I better go check my babies". I say chuckling.
I don't miss the eye roll they send my direction but I'm so not in for any talk so I increase my pace and go into the house. Their laughter is what fills my ear.

"How long has she been awake?". I ask Cole as I enter the room, he didn't respond he only turn Val over so she won't see me, I don't know what happened but this is not what I bargain for as I walk through this door.

"Cole, what's wrong". I ask facing him. "You can't keep ignoring me, you know that's not fair right?". I ask fear gripping me.

He doesn't meet my eyes as he make his way pass me and walk out the door with an already crying Val in his arms.

I move to the Fanny to change out of my soaked dress and I see Val's dirty clothes neatly folded close to the mirror, this sight made me smile and I forgot for a second I was angry at Coles resent behavior, Cole must have cleaned his little girl all by himself I wish I was here to watch him do it.

I put her clothes in the machine and get myself cleaned up. It's all going to be alright. When I was in the Philippians. There were days I wanted to stop breathing knowing fully well how much I've hurt a lot of people, I didn't want to see them again because I don't want to hear them telling me how cruel I am.

I wished every bad thing that happened to my relationship with my friends and Cole was all a dream I was ready to wake up from. When everything got better two nights ago, I only saw the future being Good.