Chapter 23💘

"Romeo take me, some where we can be alone, I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run, you'll be the Prince, and I'll be the princess, its a love story, baby just say 'yes'.

Ira's POV;

She pulled me by my arm and we went to the sitting room.

"Ira, I know yesterday didn't go well and I don't know what to do". She said feeling really sad.

I was thinking she's going to question me about what happened between I and Cole just now, but she's making me really surprise by not asking, and I'm happy for that.

" Win, I'm really sorry about yesterday, you two went too far".

"I didn't expect it to happen that way". She said cutting me off.

" just call him, and apologize, Chan is a nice guy we all know that, he will listen to you, he still loves you Win,a lot my dear, just tell him you need a ride to go shopping, for your trip to DC. Then you two just talk, that's all".

"Yeah Ira, that's a good one but I don't think he will listen, and besides I don't want to.

" just give him sometime, he will come around ". I told her hugging her.

" Ira, Are you over Walter?". She asked for the second time today.

"Maybe we should just worry on how to get Chan to take you for shopping, I'm going to get your phone for you to do that". I got up so I can escape all her talks, Jeez, she never forgets a thing.

" Ira!!". Win's call for me made me stop in my track as I try to escape.

"Even though I want you to be with Walter, I still want you to be happy, your smile means everything.
You know, your brother was there for me, he was a nice type of guy, and he made sure I was happy, I want to do the same for you, this few days you have been happy and I want it to continue.
Just earlier you seemed comfortable as Cole came around".

" Win, I told you, he only came to apologize, there's nothing between us".

"I'm not saying anything, but just be happy girl". I laugh at her, but thanked her before running up the stairs, I need to attend my tutorials online before I go over to the foster home and then my date with Walter.

The lecture wasn't as boring as I thought, it was kind of lively, many questions were asked by the other students, and I learnt a lot, I did my assignment, and read a few text so I can be ahead of the class. It was easier reading a few stuffs and not getting confused because I have the scheme browsed already.
I finished before 2:00pm and I remembered I haven't had a meal because my stomach rumbled really loud as I walk to the kitchen, and it did the whole time I fix myself some noodles, I just pray I don't see Win for the rest of the day because I'm not ready for any of her talk about me and Cole.

Walter volunteered to pick me up for the date, but I refused, I don't want to drive myself either, I told Cole to come with me and he's fine with it

" I'll wait for you in the car". Cole said as he packed in front of 'il laboratorio del gelato' where I'll be having a date with Walter. I got down after adjusting my short, Win made me wear a black palazzo short that stop just after my knee, and a light pink A-cut crop top, the sides of the top is revealing, I see Cole watch me from inside the car, but he just smiled and gave me thumb up, admiring my outfit, as I look at him.

I didn't want to wear anything so serious, Win somehow did a good job making me look just casual.

As I enter the ice cream parlor, Walter waved at me so I can come to his side, I didn't hesitate, because I really want to try out the ice cream here.