you're sick

You carefully rolled over from your side and onto your back, taking deep breaths to try to keep the sick feeling that was rising in your throat at bay.

Your stomach is aching and your shirt is damp with sweat. You feel so sick and you know it's only a matter of time until you throw up, and judging by the way that you feel you know it's not gonna be long.

You tried to get up without waking Madison, who was sleeping soundly beside you. She's been busy lately and needs her rest. You took a few shaky breaths as you sat up and clutched your stomach as you tiptoed inside the bathroom. You closed the door behind you before rushing to the toilet where you instantly started to be sick.

Madison awoke when she heard you coughing. With a frown she got out of bed, heart starting to pound and eyebrows knit together in worry when she heard you gag. "Y/n?"

She heard you whine before you managed to speak. "Go away." You whimpered before throwing up once again. Madison didn't listen though. Instead, she turned the knob and walked inside. Her heart dropped when she saw you vomiting. She rushed right over to you and knelt behind you.

She pulled your hair back for you and started to rub your shoulder with her free hand. "It's okay, y/n, you're gonna be alright. I'm right here. Just get it all out." She whispered soothingly and continued to do whatever she could to keep you as calm as possible until you finally stopped throwing up a few minutes later.

You took a deep breath before dropping your forehead onto your forearms that rested on the now-closed toilet seat. "You okay?" She asked you, voice soft and laced with worry. "I think so." She brushed a lock of your hair behind your ear, feeling the warmth of your skin under her fingertips. "It's okay. Just take a few breaths. You'll be alright."

She stood up, occupying herself by grabbing you a cup of cold water, but still watching you to make sure you didn't get sick again. She sat back down next to you and held onto the cup for you as you took a few slow sips considering your hands were shaking too terribly to hold it yourself.

She put the almost empty cup on the floor before laying her hand against your forehead. "You're warm." She mumbled to herself. "Are you feeling sick, baby?" You weakly nodded your head. "Think you can brush your teeth before we get you back to bed?" You nodded again but she made sure to hold onto your waist as you stood since your legs were so weak.

Once you finished brushing your teeth and rinsed your mouth out with some cold water you leaned your forehead against the porcelain sink, sighing at the cool feeling on your warm skin. "C'mon, baby. Let's get you back to bed."

She helped you sit on the edge before she went to the closet and grabbed you a fresh and clean shirt. "You need a new one, this one is soaked with sweat," she said to you. Looking into her eyes for the first time that night you could see the worry clouding them.

"I'm sorry." She furrowed her eyebrows and rubbed your shoulder. "Don't be sorry. Let's just get you under the covers. You'll probably feel a little better once you get some sleep." She said as she kissed your forehead softly before laying you gently onto the mattress.

She laid beside you and made sure you were comfortable underneath the blankets. "You okay? Not too hot or too cold?" You shook your head, eyes threatening to close as sleep was quickly creeping over you.

"Good. Now get some sleep. I love you and I'm here for you if you need anything." She promised as she rubbed your slightly achy stomach, bringing you even more relief as you started to fall asleep, hoping to wake up feeling better than you did now.