Chapter 7

It had already been a week since you all came, and it was safe to say that you were all enjoying your time in New York. You hadn't met the owner yet, but Chris said you surely will before you guys leave for Korea.

You found it untrue when you remembered the adults telling you that the working life was not as enjoyable as the student life, but you could see where they came from. Throughout the first week, you had already met people with an attitude and rude guests, but you mostly met nice and polite ones, which is where you put your focus on. You didn't mind the rudeness of others, so you left without any grudges.

And you couldn't forget the time you spent with your best friends. This trip definitely made your bonds tighter with each other when you thought it was tight enough. Just last week, you and Felix snuck out in the middle of the night to get some ice cream, and it was partly a success, but you'd both been shocked to death when you saw Chris standing in front of the main door when you were coming back. You were both terrified but, in the end, he just asked for an ice cream to compensate for your actions, in which, the three of you ended up going out again to buy some more.

Now, you were just waiting in the lobby, looking out for guests to help and if no help is needed, you greeted each one of them. You could see Seungmin and Jeongin do the same. Looking at them, you suddenly get reminded of what happened just a few days ago.

Seungmin and Jeongin were just doing their jobs when a group of girls came up to them with their phones in their hands. You had seen those girls walk by a few times already so it wasn't anything suspicious at first. But as they continued to pace up to the two, you immediately felt a funny feeling at the pit of your stomach. With the two of them being startled by their presence, they asked if they needed any help, but the girls just started asking for pictures with them.

From a far distance, you could hear one of the girls compliment Jeongin's smile, and one other compliment Seungmin's hair (I don't know, really, so don't ask). Truthfully, it was quite entertaining to watch them be surrounded by hopeful teenagers, but the manager and some staff had to pull them away from the two, telling them to kindly leave if they weren't going to do anything.

After that was over, you could see the look of shock and confusion in their faces, and you couldn't help but take a quick photo of their priceless reactions.

Sadly, those teenage girls never came back. If only they had, then your gallery would have been a good blackmail piece for them.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you saw a large group of people by one of the elevators. Worried that the elevator doors might close on them, you go over to hold the doors back.

——

"Gosh, I need to get this fixed," the man mumbles quietly. The knife was placed wrongly and the screws came loose. It would open at random times and when it did, the knife would be facing the wrong way. So, when it's supposed to be flat on the floor, the sharp part still points up. Useless, Swiss Army knife, the man thinks to himself as he waited.

But as the crowd was entering the elevator, the knife fell out of his hands. He couldn't reach out to grab it as people were pushing him in.

——

You held the elevator open for the guests, but you noticed something fall to the floor. You decided to pick it up later, and focus on holding the doors for now.

But the people seemed to have a harder time entering as two ladies blocked part of the way. They looked like they were in their 20's, judging from the way they dressed. Short skirts, high heels, and flashy jewelry. They only stood there with their phones in their hands, completely ignoring the people going in.

Noticing the minor trouble they've caused, you kindly ask the taller of the two, "Excuse me, miss? Will you be entering?"

"Yeah, yeah, just wait one second," she replies, holding her hand up in front of you, palm to your face, while her gaze never left her phone.

But you were not satisfied with this as you saw the other guests waiting. "Miss, maybe you could move a little t-"

"Hey. I told you to wait, can you not? Can't you see I'm busy here? Rude brat," the girl huffs, quieting down her last words in attempt to hide her nasty comment from you.

You felt disrespected by her, especially since you had kindly asked them to just move aside. Unfortunately, this attracted the attention of other guests in the lobby as the girl's voice was obnoxiously loud.

You remembered what your grandmother had told you—you could never face rude people with rudeness. As it was one of your principles to not fight back, you tried again, but the girl beat you to it.

"Look, you're the one holding the elevator down. If you would've just let go of the door a while ago then there wouldn't be a problem now, wouldn't there?" Again, she curtly spits back.

"Hey, don't be rude," one of the people from the elevator fights back for you. "She's just a kid."

"Miss, please step asid-"

"Oh my gosh, would you shut up? You're getting on my nerves," she interrupts you, but she doesn't stop there. With her free hand, she uses it to smack you across your face, making your head hit the wall and your body falling to the floor from the impact.

When you thought you had already experienced enough, your hands happened to land right on the object that had fallen a while ago. To your acknowledgment, it was a Swiss Army knife that had popped open at the wrong time. Thus, your hands started bleeding.

greetings clowns
i decided to cut this chapter into two since it was too long
anyway
hope you liked the cliffhanger

oh and

if u didn't understand wat i meant by 'wrongly placed blade' lemme briefly explain. y'all know when knives r like flat on the floor and the blade isn't rly harmful if u fall on it? yeah just imagine that, but the blade is facing up so the sharp edge faces u.