Chapter 23

The movie soon came to an end, and it was safe to say that you didn't get a heart attack or a stroke. Although you were more than terrified (since the clerks were also playing a role throughout the whole movie), you were able to escape at least half of the scares the clerks provided—using excuses like going to the restroom for at least five minutes, scaring them before they could scare you, or simply getting prepared for it by tightening your arms around Seungmin.

Talking to them wasn't an option; the clerk assigned to the two of you was definitely not friendly, or he was just playing the part.

After exiting the theater (and bidding the clerk goodbye), you all decided that takeout was the best option and would rather eat at home. Since you didn't have a car, and none of you could drive, anyway, you couldn't go to a drive thru, so you visited the array of restaurants on the first floor.

——

You were all seated on the couches of the living room, finishing up the last few spoonfuls of rice you had left in your containers. It was almost midnight, and everyone was starting to get tired. You, yourself, were struggling to keep your eyes open, and you wanted your bed, but your legs were physically in pain from ice skating for two hours straight earlier, and they refused to get yourself up.

"I don't want to sleep alone tonight," you hear Changbin moan as he stretches his limbs.

"Same," Felix agrees which sparked up an idea in Jisung's head.

He swiftly sits up and you all look to him, intrigued, "Let's rearrange the roommates while the other three aren't here."

You all grew an interest in his proposal, thinking it wasn't such a bad idea since the only ones who weren't alone were Seungmin and Jisung. Although Seungmin also wanted to switch rooms as he thought being with Jisung wasn't as fun as being with you.

"Okay. Any volunteers?" Minho speaks up, in which you all look away from him.

Truthfully, you had no problem with or without a roommate since the moment you all came, you had already been given your own room. You didn't love being alone all the time, especially when you couldn't sleep at night, but having your own room also had its pros. You had your own privacy and the free will to do anything you wanted.

But, at the moment, you thought having a roommate would be nice for a change.

"I'll stay with Lix if he's okay with it," Changbin suggests. As Felix seemed to have been fine with his new roommate, they all turned their heads to you, and you were caught a little off guard.

"So that means you and I get to room together," Minho says as he points at you with a sneaky smirk on his face.

You cringe at his expression, but agree with it anyway. "Oka-"

"Wait," Jisung interrupts you. "I want to room with Minho. No offense," he continues, looking to Seungmin as he says the last phrase, but Seungmin only shrugs at him, seeming not to care.

Felix's eyebrows crease at the boy, "But what about Seungmin?"

"He-," Jisung's breath gets caught in his throat as he thinks of a reason to have Minho as his new roommate.

"He can stay with Minju," his soon partner states for him.

Frankly, you weren't mad about it. But despite the fact that Seungmin was already yours, you had to act like he wasn't, whirling your head at Minho as he finished speaking.

You could see the mischievous smirk he had on, showing a clear sign of accomplishment when the two clueless boys had considered his motion, and just by his facials, you knew he was up to something.

Sending him a glare, you scrunched your nose with the intention to scare him off, but he remained unfazed by your silent warning.

Going back to the conversation to not cause any assumptions, you play innocent to everyone, "Up to you, people."

You acted unbothered by the sudden suggestion, not wanting to express any kind of response as you fear they'll suspect you. You looked around the room blandly, your eyes stopping to see Seungmin reacting the same way you did.

At the moment of decision, Jisung whips his head to Seungmin.

"It's final, then. Goodbye, Steve Jobs."

——

You waited for all the boys to go up before you did, making sure to clean up the mess after they all go to sleep.

You didn't mind though. You were used to cleaning up after people, and you loved doing it, anyway. It gives you time to organize your thoughts, and sometimes jam out to different kinds of music.

Most of the time you'd listen to Chris, Changbin, and Jisung's tracks though. You honestly loved anything they prepared. Although they didn't release anything (and never really had the intention to do so since they said it was just a simple pastime when there was no school), their music was saved in a folder on your phone and you'd listen to it religiously.

You favourite track so far? Mixtape #2.

But, now, it was Minho left with you (and asleep), so you started the cleaning, grabbing a damp towel from the kitchen after putting all the cardboard bowls and used chopsticks in a trash bag and into the bin.

In the midst of your happy cleaning, you heard a groan coming from the living room. You quickly placed the washed and clean glass cups on the drying rack, and made your way out the kitchen to see Minho already awake.

"You cleaned?" He asks drowsily and you nod your head at him. Feeling tired, you took a seat on the couch where Minho was lying as he pushed up from his spot to lay on your lap.

"If you don't mind," he rests his head comfortably while finding a good space, and you only giggle giddily at him, letting him do as he pleases.

Pretty soon, you were also letting your eyes shut close, allowing your head to drop with your shoulder supporting its weight.

If you didn't have a boyfriend, this would've been a good representation of loneliness, but you do, so that's invalid.

But as you were about to drift off into your fantasy, you felt your head being lifted upright by the two large hands that grasped your cheeks softly.

"Why's there a boy sleeping on your lap, Min?" And immediately, you break into a smile, turning to the side to see Seungmin's head hovering over your shoulder while he cocked his eyebrow at you assumingly.

"Why? You jealous?" You tease him, letting out a soft giggle as he pouts at you, narrow-eyed.

"I have the right to be when I come to see my girlfriend with some hooligan."

You chuckled once more at his puerile behaviour, but also finding it charming and endearing. Your heart stirred at his jealous state, and you couldn't help but use your hand to caress his cheek like he did yours.

"You're so cute," you think out loud, leaning forward to place a quick peck on his nose, leaving him to change his frown into a smile.

As you both smiled at each other, appreciating each other's ravishing features, you felt motion on your lap.

"What the-"

HELP
I ACCIDENTALLY KICKED MY SMALL DOG AT LEAST TWICE IN MY SLEEP

send me to prison now