Chapter 27

It was finally 2 a.m. and you had forced everyone to go to their rooms for you to concentrate on cleaning, but Hyunjin insisted he helped you and he wouldn't take no for an answer. Seungmin was persistent for a while, as well, but you had succeeded in forcing him when Chris instructed everyone to go to sleep, and being the oldest, everyone complied.

"The idea of you and Seungmin dating never crossed my mind, Minju," Hyunjin breaks the silence, and you look his way to see him leaning on the counter.

You only shrugged as a response, cleaning up the last few dishes before taking a seat on the couch, and soon, Hyunjin followed suit, taking up the space beside you.

You weren't tired at all. In fact, you felt the same feeling you would get after drinking a cup of coffee, but your arm brushed against Hyunjin's, and you used it to provide comfort. As you reached out to wrap your hands around his arm, Hyunjin stopped you abruptly.

"Are you sure you're allowed to do that?" He jokes, and you give him a tiny slap on his forearm. All of a sudden, your energy seemed to have died down as your mood started getting darker.

And whenever you felt this way, you'd take whoever's hand was near and start to play with their fingers. That night, it was Hyunjin's.

"Why are you sad?" He asked you, noticing your habit.

"Not really sad, more of nervous," you reply to him.

"I've just been thinking that if Seungmin and I ever break up," you start, but before you could continue, you leaned forward to the coffee table and knocked on the wooden piece. "our friendship might be ruined forever. It's not common for ex's to be friends, you know."

You felt bad you even thought of that, but you couldn't stop all these thoughts from filling your head. You never wished for any of what you had just said to happen, but you felt like you just needed to let it all out. Of course, you wouldn't tell Seungmin as you were afraid he'd think you were uninterested in your relationship.

"Don't think about that so early in the relationship and when nothing is even going wrong. I have strong feelings you and Seungmin won't end up as how you imagine. And even if that ever happens, I'm pretty sure the friendship won't go away," Hyunjin assures you, and you were relieved after hearing his words.

It was just a moment of uncertainty for you and you always get emotional late at night. After being told by Hyunjin, you felt happy again. You knew that would never happen anyway.

You and Hyunjin talked for a while, and it eased your tiredness. You were back to your normal, optimistic self again, the only worry now was if you would be able to get enough sleep (or any at all) that night.

A while later, you both heard a small yawn, and you looked back to see a sleepy Seungmin. He had messy hair that resembled a bush, his round, thin-framed glasses were on but they looked like they were going to fall off anytime soon as they laid on the tip of his pointed nose, and he was slouching as he dragged his feet across the floor.

Chuckling at his state, you stood up from the couch and approached him.

He rubs his eyes, suddenly seeming not so sleepy anymore, "What were you guys talking about?"

"Just some stuff," you remark, looking up at him as you stood beside him.

"It's 2:43 a.m., people," he states.

"Yeah, you both should go to bed. Don't want to look like Chris with his eye bags, you know," Hyunjin jokes, making you all release tiny giggles.

——

"I'm honestly not that sleepy," you sigh, closing the bathroom door after getting changed into a simple, oversized, black shirt with graphic design of some old metal band and a pair of grey shorts. You saw Seungmin on his phone, lying on the bed with the lights still turned on. Once he had seen you come out, he set his phone aside and stood up, nearing you as you stood by the bathroom door still.

"Why not?" He asks lovingly, the tone of his voice making you feel safe.

"I don't know," you only shrug, falling into his embrace. Gently, he rested his head on top of yours, swaying your bodies slowly from side to side in attempts of calming you down.

"It ain't working. I'm still not tired," you speak after a while, and he only chuckles at your remark.

You looked up to him and see a mischievous smirk lacing his lips, and you wondered why the sudden expression. You hadn't seemed to have said anything snarky, so you were a little curious on what was running through his thoughts.

Without warning, Seungmin's arms snaked around your waist from your shoulders earlier, and he started to tickle you in that area, causing you to flinch then jerk up from the feeling.

He didn't stop for a while, pushing you back to the bed as you tried your best to swat his arms away.

You'd ask him to stop whenever you had the chance, but your sentences would never finish when he continued to tackle you.

You were surprised he wasn't bothered by your arms swinging everywhere, but what surprised you more was how he dodged every hit.

"And that's enough," he says, finally giving you a break as he lies down beside you.

You were panting, trying to catch your breath, and you could see Seungmin's chest rising up and down beside you, as well. At this point, your face was beet red and you could've sworn some tears were streaming down your face as beads of sweat ran down your neck.

"That was fun," you hear Seungmin say in between his breaths.

"That was sadistic," you add after him, making him turn to you before hovering over you once again.

"Aw," he coos, "are you sad now?"

You playfully rolled your eyes at his mocking behaviour, sticking your tongue out and reaching for the tip of his nose. Seungmin immediately changed expressions, going from mockery to shallow disgust and confusion.

"While that was a little weird and maybe disgusting," he starts.

"I'll make up for it."

And without a second to spare, Seungmin leaned down to your cheeks, placing quick pecks repetitively as you turn away to try and avoid them, playing with him and giving your payback for earlier.

"Get off. I'm sweating," you make an excuse for yourself.

"Don't care," he deadpans, continuing to peck both your cheeks as you squirm around under him.

"For a person who doesn't like skin-ship so much, you're quite touchy today."

"Yeah, just appreciate it while it lasts."

this chap is half tickles
ironic cuz i hate being tickled
well yeah
writing this at 2 am makes me a little dizzy, but can't avoid it bc there's nothing else to do when ur hungry and don't wanna get caught

fun fact 👀
i've always wondered why it was so hard for me to sleep at some days when my dad can fall asleep as fast as flash can run, but then my mom told me she had insomnia and sometimes she just fakes sleep or doesn't sleep at all and waits to sleep the next night just recently so i ain't questioning it now

one of 365 days my dog stays awake with me, but for the 364 days she's asleep, it feels like she's rubbing it in

she even snores like... 🤷‍♀️

idk either