Chapter 18

The last person to carry you on his back was Seungmin, and gladly, you had all arrived to the penthouse without a hitch. Seungmin immediately brought you to your room while Felix and Minho prepared the things needed like gathering enough pillows and a glass of water, just in case.

Seungmin laid you down on your bed as Minho and Felix followed behind with the pillows and water in their hands. Without any time to waste, Minho and Felix put the pillows under your legs in order to raise it above heart level. Seungmin, on the other hand, was making sure there was nothing tight around your body like belts or collars, and if there was, he loosened them for you.

The three boys sat by your bed, feeling anxious and uneasy. You were breathing normally but if you didn't wake up in a minute, they'd have to call the ambulance which is the last thing they'd want to do right now since that'll only worry the others even more.

But it was clear that Seungmin was the most worried. He rocked back and forth in his place and played with his fingers, hoping for you to wake up any moment now.

The reason behind his deep concern for you was because ever since you all were young, he had always felt some type of way for you. Whenever you smiled, it made him happy; whenever you felt disgruntled even over little things, he wanted to be the one you sought comfort from.

When he was young, he didn't know what the exact feeling was. He would always tell himself that it wasn't a crush, but his actions stated otherwise.

It was only until you had reached high school that he admitted to having feelings for you, but he didn't tell anyone.

But that plan went downhill when he had a slip-up while he was with Minho one day. Somehow, Minho was able to get the boy to express his feelings for you. That was pretty long ago, but Minho had kept it a secret ever since.

No one except Minho knew that Seungmin liked the only girl in their friend group.

The three boys looked to the clock on your wall, the minute was almost over and there were still no signs of awareness. They were all starting to get worried that they'd have to call 911 and make the situation even bigger than it already was.

Truthfully, they didn't really know what to do after if you had been admitted to the hospital. The only adult would be Minho, but he didn't know about these things, unlike Chris. He was always the mature one and the one to solve your guys' problems, but he wasn't there to give any help.

The boys were slowly starting to lose hope as it was seconds away from hitting the one minute mark. Lowering their heads, they all released a miserable sigh. It was already past one minute, and yet you still hadn't woken up.

"Well, go call for help then," Minho says. It was obvious he was stressed and was slightly enraged. It was his first time being put in a situation like this, and like mentioned, he didn't know what to do.

He exited the room frustrated with his fingers entangled in his chestnut hair, afraid to take out his stress on any of the younger boys since it wasn't their fault you passed out. Felix had told Seungmin that he'd grab the phone, leaving him alone in the room with unconscious you.

He rested his head on your bedsheets, feeling tired and troubled. Sadly, he blamed himself for leaving you alone when he had the chance and could've stayed with you. He knew you weren't feeling well, and yet he still chose to go.

His head was getting hot and he just wanted to scold himself for doing what he did, but he stopped feeling that way when he felt your hand on the back of his head.

Looking up immediately, he saw that you've finally woken up. As he was shocked and happy at the same time, he called for the two who left, causing them to run back in before the three jumped on the bed and wrapped you in a group hug.

"Thank goodness, we don't have to call for help," Felix exclaims as you all chuckle simultaneously.

Not even seconds after, you all heard Changbin and Jisung rushing into your room when they paused to see you awake.

"Oh, bless the world, you're awake!" Changbin sighs as the two walk into your room and jump right into your arms, making you grunt at the combination of their weight.

"Well, anyway," Jisung says as he backs away after being told by Minho to lay it easy on you. "Thankfully, the manager understood, but he wants one of us to stay with Minju."

"Right because the last time she was left alone she ended up dead on the stairs."

"Dang, that's pretty harsh, Minho."

"That's 'hyung' for you, Changbin."

"We're not even a full year apar-"

"So who's it going to be?" Felix cuts in between the two's arguement, looking between the other two boys in the room.

"I vote Seungmin," Jisung promptly suggests as he raises his hand in the air.

All of you now had your attention on Jisung, and you couldn't help but blush at the moment. To your advantage, no one saw you since everyone was looking at Jisung.

"Oh, me, too!" Minho adds like a child, raising his arm, as well.

The rest of them looked to each other confused. They didn't know why the two were so excited to have Seungmin take care of you, but Changbin and Felix ended up agreeing anyway since they didn't want to ruin their cheerful mood.

"So, it's settled. Seungmin, we wish you the best of luck. Now, we'll get going since oh! What do you know? It's 1:25 and we have to go or we'll be late," Jisung concludes for all of you.

"Wait, but-"

"Come on, dwarves. Let's go before the manager scolds us for being late," Minho cuts you off, pulling the three behind him as they all left your room hastily.

"I'm 5'6! I am not a dwar-" you hear Changbin's complaints for the umpteenth time before a loud slam from downstairs sounds throughout the whole penthouse.

I swear Minho's going to be the reason why we're paying for broken things, you thought to yourself annoyed.

With you and Seungmin alone in the penthouse, you looked at him as he stared at the door, scratching his head as he did so.

"So," he suddenly says, clapping his hands once as he turns to face you. "Why didn't you just call us when you saw that message?" He continues, pushing you down as he tucks you underneath your blanket tightly.

"I don't know," you shrug, "I wasn't thinking."

He proceeded to stare at you straight in the eyes as he released a sigh of content. You found yourself in an uneasy situation as he did nothing but look at you, and your pitied your poor heart.

You never felt uncomfortable when he would look at you like that. It was only until you grew these petty feelings when you started getting flustered at almost everything he did. You thought it was childish for you to feel that way around him. He was your best friend, nothing more, nothing less.

A question suddenly popped in your head which you used as an excuse to break the awkward atmosphere.

"Where's the other three?" You ask, genuinely confused.

"Stop focusing on them. I'm the one staying with you," he ignores your question, sitting on the side of your bed.

i think i'm gonna start adding more fluff into chaps now
it ain't my forte, but i definitely enjoy writing them more than others

i also added that home remedy for fainting kinda thing cuz i didn't want them to have to go to a hospital

like i said before, we keepin this lowkey 😎