Chapter 39

"Why are you wearing a jacket when it's so hot outside?"

"Because you're wearing a dress," Seungmin replies, fixing his sleeves underneath the thick piece of clothing.

Ah, yes, your dress. It was one of the items you bought when you first came here. Your dress was a simple pink and white, and it reminded you of the patterns of which you'd see in the spring. With a thistle-colored cardigan to cover your bare shoulders, you slid on a pair of white sneakers, letting your hair down as you didn't really feel like doing much to it that day.

"Okay, cute. You go down and have breakfast with the guys, I'll go buy some fruit shakes for everyone," you tell him, fixing your jewelry—your necklace, earrings, and some rings—and you both headed down.

"Anyone want to come buy some shakes with me?" You call out to everyone, but only Changbin seemed to have noticed you. Everyone (except Jeongin and Felix, of course, they were upstairs changing) was seated around the table with their own plate of food in front of them. Earlier, the three of you had bought everyone some breakfast, and when you came home, you told them all about your plans. Gladly, they agreed to your suggestions, which only made Jeongin happier.

"I'll go. I'm done eating anyway," Changbin stands up, pushing his chair back in and bringing his dirty dishes to the sink.

——

"3 strawberry shakes, 2 watermelon, 1 grapefruit juice, 1 mango juice, and 2 banana shakes," you order, starting to pull out your wallet, but Changbin stops you midway and pays for them instead.

"There's a Chinese kind of saying implying that we should always give way to the younger," Changbin starts, taking his change.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Nothing. It's more of just my subtle reminder to you that whenever you're with me, I do the paying."

You chuckled at his generosity, and you both stood there, waiting for your orders to be finished. You weren't in a rush, and you appreciated the time you had with Changbin anyway, so even if the worker would take an hour, it'd be alright with you.

"Here are your drinks. Have a great day, and enjoy!" He enthusiastically hands the two heavy plastic bags to both of you.

"Hands off. Let me carry."

——

The nine of you were set to leave at around 10 o'clock, and once you got home, it was pretty much time to go. Everyone hurried around the house to grab their belongings, and you and Changbin held onto the drinks, the others getting your things for the both of you.

Everyone took their designated drink, poking in a straw and headed out the door. You guys planned to take two taxicabs to the amusement park, waiting for at least one to show up.

"Let the younger ones take the first cab, we'll catch up on the second one," Chris tells everyone, and you could see Hyunjin jump from excitement as he was considered a part of the 'younger ones'.

"Oh, Hyunjin you're coming with us."

"Haha, fool."

"You, too, Jisung."

——

Felix paid for the taxi fee, and the four of you thanked the man for his service. After stepping out of the car, you stood there patiently, waiting for the rest to arrive.

You were eagerly sipping on your last bit of strawberry shake when you noticed the flow stop. You looked into your straw, and you see a chunk of uncrushed strawberry blocking the way.