Chapter 46

"I'm not your boss, Lix. We're good friends," Seonghwa reminds him, patting the boy on his back as they walked side-by-side down the road.

Seonghwa had invited you all to dinner at a restaurant not too far from the house. He said it was one of the best rib places he's ever been to. And you trusted him, having seen his spectacular taste in food when he took you out to that lunch.

You know, that lunch that got you in trouble?

Yeah, that lunch.

That lunch.

Where am I leading to?

I don't really know, you tell me.

Now, you were sat around a table in the balcony of the restaurant. The place was packed with hungry groups, and you mentally drooled just from the sight of their plates.

You scanned through the menu, checking out what seemed nice when Seungmin, who sat beside you, tapped you on the shoulder.

"The pork chops are really good," he tells you, almost in a whisper.

"You know this place?"

"Yeah. I've lived here before."

"And you still remember this place?"

"Yup."

"And you tell me to order pork chops in a ribs place?"

"Yup."

"Sounds about right."

——

You all got home from the dinner pretty exhausted as it was close to midnight. The dinner was nothing special, and Soenghwa only wanted to do some catching up with you guys. Although the rest were tired, you were feeling excited. You couldn't forget the deal you made with Changbin earlier, and you were definitely looking forward to it.

Frankly, Changbin looked a little worn out himself, and you suggested to postpone the meeting seeing his state, but he insisted on doing it today, only wanting to finish the track.

You had already told Seungmin earlier that you were going out with Changbin, and he obviously had no complaints about it. He simply reminded you to always keep track of time and make sure no one follows behind you, worried because a girl out in the middle of the night isn't really something to be calm about. But he laid his trust on Changbin, knowing fully well that the older would never let even a tree branch touch your hair.

So now, you were in the park with Chnagbin, and it was pitch black, the only thing shining light is Changbin's laptop screen.

You sat beside him on a park table, scooting closer as the wide and empty roads kind of creeped you out. Of course, Changbin himself made sure you were safe with him, the tension form earlier that day seeming to have started rubbing off.

Quietly watching as he wrote some lyrics down on a notepad, you admired the meaningful and relatable message it portrayed.

Occasionally, he'd ask you to help him come up with more ideas, in which, you gladly helped him. As if a burden's been lifted off of your shoulders, the 'feud' between you and Changbin was now completely gone, and he was back to being his normal self in front of you.

Every once in a while, he'd stir up a joke, making your laugh echo through the empty park, and he only smiled along. You treasured this moment, having your best friend act the way he usually did around you again.