Chapter 45

"Hey, Jisung, could you toss me that apple?" You ask as Jisung was already in the kitchen.

"The one in my hand?"

"I just need a bite," you wink at him, stealing it from him and taking a huge bite as you were pretty hungry.

"Thanks. I didn't want that anyway."

"So why were you eating it?"

"Chris wanted me to finish that because I had a stomachache earlier."

You hummed, finding the instance normal as Chris always took care of everyone.

Speak of the devil, "Everyone, chop chop. Seonghwa's coming in about thirty minutes, so get changed."

——

"The weather says it's going to be pretty hot tonight," Seungmin reads from his phone, laying on the bed as he waits for you to finish changing in the bathroom.

You nodded to yourself, looking through your closet when your eyes landed on a specific set. It was daring, for sure, and you knew Seungmin wouldn't like it.

Nor would the rest, but you don't care about their opinions that much.

Okay, you were a little nervous.

Moving on.

Taking the chance, you brought it down from the hanger, making sure there weren't any wrinkles before wearing it.

You peeked at the mirror, concentrating on your hair and natural makeup as you wanted to look presentable.

The outfit wasn't as bad as you thought—it was a white tube top with a pastel blue skirt. To be honest, you knew you were kind of contradicting yourself here; just a few days ago you were criticizing a bathing suit for its skimpiness. But in Korea, you would've never had the chance to wear this; not because of the cold weather, but because your grandmother would have never allowed you to.

And you thought why not give it a try. You've already put on a bathing suit and that wasn't as bad as you thought.

Stepping out of the bathroom, you saw Seungmin on one foot, sliding on a pair of socks. He was wearing a casual, royal blue tee with a pair of black jeans; nothing special, but he still looked prince-like to you as his brown hair was swiped to the right, and a blush was simple inevitable.

He looks to you sharply after having heard your footsteps, but he quickly loses his balance and his raised foot falls to the floor, his coughs sounding throughout the room. "Y-You're wearing that?"

"Yeah. Is something wrong?"

He shyly glances to the side, clearing his throat. "I'm getting my hoodie."

As he made his way to the bathroom, you stopped him with your hands, holding him by the shoulders. You could clearly see his flustered state, and it made you feel dominating that he had finally crumbled under your presence after always keeping a straight face.

"I could change, Min. You don't have to bring your jacket all the time," you chuckle, fixing a strand of hair that had fallen out of place in the process before going back to do as you said.

"Oh, thank goodness, she's changing," Seungmin sighs heavily.

——

You all waited in the living room for Seonghwa to arrive. Chris had said earlier that he was only minutes away, so everyone immediately gathered around to properly greet him when he comes in.