Epilogue : Part One

If there was one thing you hated most, it was sweaty palms. Everything about it was unappealing to you; the hot, sticky feeling when your hands were brought together, then the cool air that would dry up the sweat when you let go.

Uncomfortable clothing would be a close second. There was an annoying itch that certain fabrics provided, and you were definitely not grateful for it. Every move you made would only make the itch worse, and even when you didn't move, the itch would still be there. You tend to ask yourself what the use of beautiful and expensive designs were when there was no comfort.

You couldn't forget insanely high heels. Truthfully, you were never the biggest fan of high heels. You were fine with them occasionally, but you could never get yourself to stand on them for hours straight.

But even though they were three of your most irritable pet peeves, they didn't seem to bother you today.

You were nervously waiting behind the gigantic church doors, reviewing what you had to do over and over in your head.

But you sadly stood there alone, as you no longer had any guardians to walk you down.

The last few practices were just the same, wherein you had to take a lonely walk to the altar. You wished for someone to accompany you, but all your best friends had their own partners around their arms.

One of them was out of country for business, but he had sworn he'd make it, so you counted on that.

"Minju, let me fix your dress, it's a little crumpled at the back," your friend Siyeon (who was Jeongin's partner) quickly informs you before going around then behind you.

"We'll start in about thirty minutes, the late pianist just arrived," Hyunjin's mom, who organized pretty much the whole thing along with your fiancé's, speaks loud enough for everyone to hear, but you don't fail to miss her little eye roll which makes you laugh a bit.

You then watch as she spots you amongst the small crowd and makes her way to you, engulfing you in a heartwarming embrace as if you were her own daughter. "I'm so proud of you, dear. If anything at all happens, don't be afraid to call me first."

For context, all your best friends' parents made sure you had adults you could lean on like you would to your parents. So throughout your whole childhood (and until this day), they would invite you to family dinners, special occasions, or just casual hangouts, just to make sure you never felt like you had no parental figures in your life.

And frankly, you were pretty close to every single one of them.

"I want a hug, too, Minju," Chris' mom then comes near, making you fall into her arms.

And you could see it in their eyes that they were holding back their tears.

"Honestly, I never thought it'd be you two, but now that I see it in front of me, it's perfect," Chris' mom says, gently caressing your cheek before leaving with Hyunjin's mom.

Oh, my gosh, don't cry now.

"You ready?" Felix comes up behind you, turning you around slowly.

You heave a deep sigh before replying, "I think."

"Don't be nervous, Min. If you fall, you have seven brothers to shield you from embarrassment."

"Gee, thanks, Minho. You made me worry less," you deadpan, earning a chuckle from the two.

Then you remembered.

Where is he?

"Seven if he makes it," you sadly remark, looking down at the bouquet of roses in your hands.