Chapter 15

"Here's the one with no bell peppers," one of the chefs informs the housekeeping worker in charge of the nine of your foods.

"Be extra attentive, the girl gets terribly sick when she eats any of those," the chef adds before leaving, but the worker only nods his head as he was busy with other things.

He left to quickly handle something before coming back to your plates of food, but he was unsure of which plate was specifically made for you when he had actually take a glance at the plates.

Shrugging it off as he didn't believe peppers could affect someone so much, he placed the 'No Peppers' label on a random plate, rushing to take it to your guys' penthouse as he was already running late.

——

"Min, wake up. We are not going through this again," Minho lightly scolds you as he jumps on your bed and pulls you up, but you immediately fall back down as you were still dead asleep.

He heaves a sigh, rubbing his temples before continuing to wake you up. "I'm going to have to carry you out again, you want that?" He threatens, but you still hadn't heard him.

"Okay, then," he sighs one more time before lifting you up from the same spot as before, once again, carrying you over his shoulders. Finally, you had begun to regain consciousness as you rubbed your eyes, seeing that you were all of a sudden not on your bed and lifted up.

Realizing that you were being carried by Minho, you call to him, "What time is it?" You groggily ask.

"Time to eat, I'm starving," he answers back, putting you down halfway through the staircase and pushing you all the way to the bottom.

"Sit," he instructs you as if you were a puppy in training.

You looked around and saw that everyone was already seated down, some still looking sleepy, especially Hyunjin. His head was lying on the marble countertop, his plate of food pushed in front of him to make space for his head.

"Alright," Chris says loudly as he claps even louder, giving everyone a mild shock as they all seem to be wide awake now. "Let's get eat."

You cringed at his childish joke, but it was normal Chris behaviour to you at this point so,

meh.

You took your fork and played with the food on your plate. Although the food smelt amazing, you were still tired and were still getting used to the bright sunlight that peeked through the big window curtains.

At last, you stopped playing and started to actually take bites from the plate. Like always, it tasted amazing even after multiple bites. The taste wasn't sickening as every bite seemed fresh and new.

You took a sip of your water to wake you up when you suddenly felt an excruciating pain in your stomach. You clutched your stomach tightly with your free hand, but no one has seemed to notice it yet. Slowly, you set down your glass of water, using your other hand to clutch tighter.

You wanted to tell the rest about it, but Changbin had said something first.

"That's weird. Don't they usually stuff peppers in their omelettes?" Changbin asks, cutting his omelette open.

"Why?" asks Chris.

"Mine doesn't have any."

The pain in your stomach worsened as he said it. You couldn't take it anymore as your hand reached out to the arm of whoever was sitting beside you, squeezing it tightly as if it could soothe the pain.