Chapter 13

Today marked your halfway checkpoint in your guys' trip. You only had about two weeks left before you all leave to fly back to Korea.

It's also been about four days since that night with Chris, and you could say, you were extremely thankful he had been there for you. Since that day, Chris would always check up on you before you went to bed, and sometimes, he'd play you one of his tracks to help you relax yourself before sleeping. He would even tell you stories about random things when you couldn't get to sleep, just like how a father would to his daughter.

He would ask you how you were at least twice a day, so you would reply with a simple "I'm fine" and he'd wrap you in his famous, warm hugs. Chris was the best person to be with when you felt distressed, and you were so grateful to have him around you all the time.

Today was the day you would finally be able to meet the owner of the hotel and Chris' uncle. He had arranged for the nine of you to meet him after you all were done at the hotel, going out for dinner at one of the fancy restaurants you would see outside your window.

Throughout the whole day, Chris would excite you all by telling you stories about this guy, and it worked on all of you. Consequently, your day instantly felt better as you anticipated the meeting.

——

It was now thirty minutes away from your time off. You were standing by the hotel reception, watching as guests walked in and out when Jeongin ran up to you, seemingly excited as he jumped up and down.

"Are you excited?" He asks you, his pearly whites sparkling at you as his lips curved into a smile which stretched from ear to ear.

"Of course," you laugh at his current state. "I heard he was a fun guy that always made the atmosphere better."

"Eh? How do you know that? Chris didn't tell us that," Jeongin questions your insight on this guy's personality.

"I asked around the hotel staff. You know, we've gotten pretty close," you answer, lowering your voice as you spoke.

"Oh, I see. You have your own ties around this place. The only friend I've made was the nice, old lady at the laundry room," he adds innocently. "She gave me a new pair of socks for free when I accidentally wore mismatch socks once."

Your eyebrows furrowed at his statement, wondering how he could be so clumsy at times, but you played it off with a smile as he trod back to his spot in the lobby.

You snicker at his wobbly amble, but look around the room shortly after. Watching as people would enter the building, you saw a familiar man enter amongst the multitude of people.

He was dressed semi-formally in a casual, plain, white shirt under a navy blue blazer and matching slacks. Not only was he dressed neatly, but he looked decent as his undercut was sharply swept to the right stylishly. As his steps were quick, you had only seen a partial portion of his face before he turned to the direction opposite of you.

He held a suitcase in his hands, and he looked like the young CEO of some prestigious company from the back, but something about the portion of his face you saw brought you back to 11 years ago.

Choosing to shrug it off as you were still on duty, you continue to look around the grand room, your eyes landing on Seungmin as he bowed to each and every guest that passed by in front of him, an evident smile on his face even from far away.

You blushed at his presence as your lips innately curved into a smile similar to Jeongin's but skimpier, lowering your head as you tried to hide your obvious blush before anyone saw.

As you swayed around in your place, you felt two hands grab your shoulders from behind as you flinched in shock, only to look back and see the culprit was none other than your best friend Minho.

"What's that smile for?" He teasingly asks you as he cocks an eyebrow at you.

"Can I not smile at the guests?" You reply back, just as witty.

"I'm just saying, that smile seems more like you've seen something you liked rather than just a friendly gesture to greet some strangers," he further explains his statement.

Giving up on his mild teasing, you change the topic, "What are you even doing here, Minho? You should be outside."

"Avoiding the topic, I see. Who is it? Who's making your little heart flutter like a butterfly?" He continues to tease you, poking your sides as you try your best to avoid them since you were pretty sensitive to those kinds of touch.

"Just shut your face-hole and get back outside. You're distracting me, dingbat," you push him away as he just laughs at your flustered state.

"Chill, Min. I just need to use the restroom," he utters in between his laughters as he heads to the said place.

You shook your head at his puerile behaviour. As you quickly reverted your attention back to the guests, you spotted Seungmin staring at you absentmindedly, his eyes in a slight glare.

You tilted your head to the side as you shyly waved at him, causing him to snap back visibly, quickly looking away from you. You found his motion amusing, once again shaking your head like you did Minho.

After that slightly awkward situation, you would catch him taking glances at you, and when you acknowledged his actions, he'd only briefly smile at you before turning away to find something to do.

You thought his little slip-ups were adorable as every time you caught him, his reaction afterwards would always be flustered. Whether a bright, pink color would replace the usual pale, white color on his cheeks or his ears would turn red, his reactions never ceased to make you smile.

"You're doing it again, Min."

"Go away, Minho."

yeah, this chap's pretty short
but again, it was only a filler and the next one might be too
idk i'm still deciding whether to just combine the next two chapters or separate it to slowly invoke the climax if yk what i mean.