Chapter 48

"You didn't get us food?"

"Didn't you guys go to cafe?"

"A cafe, Ji. It ain't a restaurant."

"Yeah, and we only shared on a warm doughnut and a pesto sandwich-"

"There's always extra food, kids," Chris silences Minho and Seungmin who were just recently sulking over the fact that Jisung and Jeongin didn't get them any breakfast.

"So loud," you hear a faint voice from behind, and come to realize, it was a just-woken-up Hyunjin who had really bad bed hair and squinted eyes, shying away from the sunlight that shone through the thin curtains.

Eventually, Felix came out of his room, too, and the rest spread around the living room to eat their delicious-smelling breakfasts.

You sat in between Hyunjin and Felix—the groggy pair—and the sweet smell of the thick maple syrup layered over Felix's tall stack of pancakes made you envious, not to mention, Hyunjin's set of sausage and eggs were not of any help either.

You leaned a little towards Hyunjin, sniffing up the savoury smell contrary to Felix's plate, and made yourself appear irresistible in hopes of snatching a bite, but the boy remained unshaken under your attempts.

He then merely cocked his head to the side opposite his, telling you to go to Felix for some treats. And you did, giving him that same look you gave Hyunjin, only this time, he actually cut up a piece for you and fulfilled your cravings.

To your left, you could hear Hyunjin chuckle a little before placing a little portion of his food on a small plate and sliding it over your place. So, you thanked both boys cheerfully when you all shot your heads to the right, attention focused on Minho.

"So no one's going to offer me some food?"

——

"You know, we've been sitting in this room for half a day," Jeongin says, fumbling with the gaming console in his hands.

"No, Jeongin, it's been two hours," you correct him.

"So, lunch?" He snaps his head at you, his eyes glimmering as if he heard someone tell him he had just won first place in a trot competition.

But you agreed with him anyway, leaving his room and entering the common room to invite the rest of the boys as you were starting to feel pretty hungry yourself.

You started brainstorming on what places you wanted to visit; what cuisine you wanted to have, but you couldn't think of anything that you wanted to eat in particular. There were so many different kinds, and you couldn't simply choose from all the delicious foods you craved for at the time.

And you suddenly thought of it—the mini market Seungmin had invited you to yesterday. Maybe not being able to go was actually a good thing (besides the fact that you were starving).

The boys immediately thought it was a good idea, picking themselves up from their spots on the couch and going into their own rooms, either changing into appropriate clothing or taking a shower.

Earlier in the cafe, you really only wore a pair of joggers with a shirt you stole from Seungmin, and you were definitely not planning to look like a pillowcase out where everyone is free to judge you.

And so, you changed into something different—still serving the same amount of comfort as your earlier attire, but more presentable.