Chapter 22

"I didn't like it," Changbin scowls bitterly as you all head to the movie theaters. "Someone left me to freeze in the middle of generic Antartica and I do not appreciate it."

"You're leaving everyone to freeze now, Minju?" Seungmin asks you in a whisper and you playfully punch him on the arm as the rest laughs at Changbin's sourness.

"Stop being a pickle, hyung. It's just ice," Felix assures him, but Changbin immediately lectures on his statement.

"What about dry ice? It can give you severe burns and freeze your skin cel-"

"Okay, what movie do you want to watch, kids?" Minho interrupts Changbin.

"I don't get the love I deserve in this friend group," Changbin lowly jokes beside you, and you give him a side hug as he fakes a cry.

"Just get whatever movie is showing in the theater with the la-z-boys. I saw the commercial outside saying that that theater gives you the full experience," you tell him and everyone else agrees with you.

"Wait," Felix interrupts, "the movie's in English. What's the point of watching when you can't understand the language?"

It made you think deeper. Felix was right but your English wasn't so bad. You knew an adequate amount and had enough knowledge to get you through one children's movie. You decided to give it a try. "I don't know. To kill time?"

"You go talk to the guy, Jisung. You're the Malaysian who knows English here," Minho says which leaves everyone wondering.

"Min, Felix is Australian," Seungmin reminds him.

"Oh, yeah, right. I forgot you were here."

"I literally spoke about five seconds ag-"

"So are you going to buy those tickets or just stand here complaining about nothing?" Minho sassily cuts Felix off, hiding his mistake, but you all just laughed at him inside to not make him feel worse.

"Hey," you call out to everyone's attention, "is that a bubble tea shop?"

——

The six of you entered the cinema, and you came to find out that the seats were actually in pairs. Felix didn't tell you guys that earlier, so none of you knew.

You were sipping on your boba when Minho decided the pairs by following the ones earlier, but this time, Seungmin insisted that you sit beside him since Minho was going to be talking way too much.

Honestly, you could feel the blood rush to your cheeks, but it was a good thing you were already in the theater.

You all agreed upon the decision, and you and Seungmin quickly found your seats. Being the gentleman he is, Seungmin let you pass first, taking a seat on the comfortable cushion as you set your drink safely inside the cup holder.

Immediately after you both settled down, a man walked up to you, dressed in what seemed to be an early Halloween costume. As he climbed the set of stairs with a small sack in his hands, you were shocked by his appearance once you actually got to see him clearly.

Instinctively, Seungmin put his arm over you, blocking you from the man in a protective manner.

Your heart skipped a beat for a moment from shock, but you instantly calmed down after he had brought out two tumblers filled with popcorn and handed them to both of you.

Seungmin took the tumblers from the man's hand hesitantly, thanking him.

His outfit, although terrifying, was on point. You assumed he was dressed as a zombie from his ripped clothing and bad posture. He had lightly painted his face green and his hair was like a bush or maybe even the head of a pineapple. But that's all you saw before the man left, probably to hand (or scare) people some more popcorn.