Chapter 49

"Is that all?" The man behind the cashier asks you.

"Yes, please," you answer politely as Minho took out the right amount of cash.

You were trying to hurry up since you didn't want Felix to be alone for so long. Just thinking of how genuinely sad he may be when he was told he'd be left behind. The boys knew he won't be too bothered by it, but you just wanted to be extra sure since the feeling of being left out was never fun. Out of (minor) worry, you started to play with the pockets in your jacket when you felt a piece of paper inside.

Looking around the small area, you found no bin, and so you had excused yourself from Minho and told him you were going to quickly throw away your trash. And as expected, he told you to be quick since the poor boy couldn't speak fluent English.

Someone help the man.

"Excuse me, sir," the worker calls out to Minho.

Why. Why? Seriously, why now? Minho thought.

"I'm afraid we ran out of tripe. Would you like to change the order?" The kind employee asks, and he earns nothing but a dead look from Minho.

"Uh," Minho hesitates, thinking about the few replies he knew of.

"Yes, Korea. Thank you. Bang Christopher Chan."

"P-Pardon?"

"I'm so sorry. He's socially inept." You come up behind your frozen best friend right on time, and the man instantly leans back and says a quick apology before asking you the same question.

——

"Lix!" You yell at the sullen boy, and his head instantly shoots up at the sound of your voice, running up to the two of you to help you out with the bags of plastic.

"You guys took 17 minutes and 46 seconds precisely. What took you so long?" He asks truthfully, and you couldn't contain your smile any longer.

"Relax, we got you an egg roll," Minho tells him, patting down his back as the three of you take a seat and wait for the others to come back with more bags of food.

"Egg?"

——

"How's the apple juice?" Hyunjin teases you, shoving the action of him sipping from his cup of milk tea right in your face.

You sighed in frustration, turning your head away from the tall boy and driving your focus back to your food. Seungmin and Jeongin bought everyone milk tea, everyone except for you and Minho, at least. Their excuse was because you guys had already had some coffee earlier, and they didn't want you guys to have too much caffeine in your system.

Oh, but they knew dang well how much you loved your milk tea.

"Lix," you whisper to the boy who was sitting in front of you, casually devouring his food.

He slightly rose his head up, still with a string of noodles dangling from his lips. You eyed his drink discreetly (as Seungmin was sitting beside you), signaling him that you wanted to have a taste, but instead of handing you the cup, he handed you a paper towel, seeming to not have caught your hint.

Sighing once more, you laid back in your seat, slouching over the fact that no one was going to give you even a small sip.

But just as you called it, Jisung (who sat beside Felix) slyly slid his drink over to you while Seungmin wasn't looking, telling you to take a quick sip before hurrying to give it back in fear of getting caught.