Chapter 25

You were in your room alone. After the day was finished, the six of you went up in silence, and the boys had decided to stay in the living room while you sulked in your room.

At first, you didn't understand why they got so furious if you had just been gone for lunch. You were slightly annoyed at them for being so overprotective, and you thought they were being too harsh on you.

It's not like I ran away to do something illegal.

But you soon realized they weren't just mad at you for going out to lunch. It hit you that not telling them was a way bigger problem than you had thought. For one, you couldn't even imagine how worried they might have been while trying to look for you and found no sign. Calling for emergency would also be a hassle since you were all foreigners and wouldn't exactly know how to talk to the police. They tried calling hotel staff, but everyone was on their lunch break and they didn't want to disturb those who were working for the lunch service of the buffet.

You suddenly felt a compunction, now wanting to go down and say sorry for what you had caused them. But it wasn't as easy as you had initially thought. No matter how much your heart tells you to do the right thing, you were scared and a little prideful, so it took you longer to actually do it.

You were going to have dinner soon, and yet you hadn't said a word to any of them. Usually, things like these would have been forgotten when Chris would make sure you all made up. In similar situations, Chris would always be the first one to talk to you.

Reminiscently, you thought back to the explanation Chris would tell you: they're only mad because they love and care for you.

As a matter of fact, none of them were mad. They were earlier but now all they wanted was an apology from you and everything would go back to normal again. All of them just sat there, waiting for you to come down from locking yourself in your room. Well, maybe not all.

Everyone was getting pretty hungry, and it was nearing dinner hours for most restaurants. Jisung had already found a great place to try, but none of them would be able to leave unless you got out of your cave.

You, yourself, were also ravenous, and you couldn't wait to see what amazing place you were all going to. But you knew you had to fix things before you all headed out. No one likes an awkward dinner.

Releasing a nervous sigh, you stepped down from your bed, putting on a pair of flip flops and opening your door secretly. You didn't want to make a sound, although you weren't sure why.

Slowly, you treaded down the stairs, but saw only four of the five people you owed an apology to sitting on either ends of each couch. You were a little confused to not see Seungmin there, but you didn't want to prolong this any more.

No one seemed to have seen you yet, so you were a little at ease.

"Hey," you start, catching everyone's attention. You expected to see black looks, but you all you saw was expressionless faces and you couldn't read through them.

"I-I'm sorry," you get straight to the point as you scratch the back of your head and look down in embarrassment.

"That's alright, Min. We had already forgiven you since the moment you stepped in, but I think there's one person you should actually say sorry to," you look up as Minho speaks. You felt relieved hearing his first few words, but that feeling soon dropped when he had finished his sentence. "Do you even know how worried he was when you first went missing?"

You looked at the other boys, and they only nodded their heads at you.

You expected this; you expected Seungmin to be the most affected out of all of them. Between the five, he was probably the most worried, and there was no doubt he would have started crying if you hadn't come back.

Frankly, he had already started getting a little emotional when they had been waiting for you to walk through the doors of the penthouse for lunch. He did a great job at hiding it from everyone though; no one knew how much more anxious he was than what he had been showing on the outside. And when you actually came, he dared not to turn around. He didn't want you to see him so weak.

You soon found yourself in front of Jisung and Minho's room. With the help of the four boys, you discovered that Seungmin was hiding in that room. The fear of not knowing what he could be doing in there came to you, and impulsively, you raised your hand to knock on the wooden door.

"Come in," you hear him weakly say from inside. Hesitantly, you pushed the door open, taking a quick peek at him first for assurance before actually stepping in.

He was sat on the front of the bed, reading an American history book, when you entered. As he brought his head up a little to see who had come in, you looked down at the floor, closing the door behind you.

"H-Hi," you stutter, and Seungmin immediately closes the book and sets it down beside him.

You receive no reply from him, letting you speak, "I just want to say sorry for earlier."

You stood there by the edge of the bed, not wanting to take a seat as your feet prevented you from doing so. You felt your feet had been glued to the floor, but even if they weren't, you wouldn't have moved anyway.

Again, you heard nothing from him, and you eyes wandered around the smooth wooden floor of the room for quite a while as you rocked left to right in place awkwardly.

Still hearing nothing, you quickly looked up to see the reason of his silence. Maybe he just continued reading his book.

But you regret doing so after since your eyes met his. Flustered, you brought your eyes back down.

Finally, you heard a sigh from Seungmin, but you were too shy to see why. Not long after, you heard some shuffling, and soon, Seungmin had sat on the edge of the bed, close to you.

He sighs once more before speaking, and you could hear the exhaustion in his voice, "Min, I'm not mad."

"I'm just a little upset you didn't even tell me."

"As your boyfriend, I should be aware of your plans with people you don't know so much."

"What if he tried to kidnap you?"

The hurt in his voice was impossible to miss, and that only made you feel even more guilty. You hadn't even noticed, but your head started heating up and your eyes began to tear up a little, but not to the point where it was obvious you were crying.

You didn't feel like crying, you were just overwhelmed from knowing his side.

"I just want you to be safe. If anything happens to you, I wouldn't know what to do," Seungmin sadly remarks as his voice becomes softer after every word. "Come here."

In no time, Seungmin had pulled you into a hug and sat you down beside him. He saw how small beads of tears were blocking your eyesight, and that caused him to release a soft chuckle, bringing the mood up higher by a bit.

He quickly offered you his sleeve and put it against your eyes. As he brought it back down, you could see the part of his baby blue hoodie that had turned darker after it had soaked up your tears.

"Yah, don't be so hard on yourself that you're already crying. No one's mad at you, Min," he says, cupping your cheeks to make you look at him. You silently thanked his hands as they hid your obvious blush from him.

"You're too cute," he adds, placing a kiss on your forehead as he smiles at you happily.

"He went for the forehead! What a coward," you both hear a voice. In the corner of your eye, you could see four pupils staring at you two through the small gap they've made, but you chose to just laugh it off.

"Shut up, Changbin. You're so freaking loud, gosh."

hai._.
that's all i gotta say
it's 3 in the morning and i'm still awake
🤦‍♀️