Chapter 51

The 21-year-old was out in the park, finishing up his unreleased (and always will be) track. Frankly, he didn't like the lyrics he wrote last time, so he spent the early afternoon thinking of a replacement, and once he was able to come up with some words, he wasted no time to start recording again.

'Streetlight'. Perfect title.

No doubt, people were looking at him, and at one point, a group of children with their parents were watching him from a safe distance, scared to be seen, but they could still hear him.

Some had the boldness to actually stand in front of him and watch as he continued to write and record his raps and vocals, but Changbin stayed unbothered, not really caring since they couldn't understand the song anyway.

Strangers continued to crowd around the boy, but they all went away when one was brave enough to actually sit by him. Why'd they leave? Probably because they were jealous none of them could talk to the famous kid like the one who took the seat, but they just didn't know that it was his friend that sat with him.

"Hyung," the younger calls out, "you've got quite an audience."

Changbin keeps his head down, "Yeah, and you scared them away."

The younger laughed, throwing his head back. Changbin only shook his head, a smile forming upon hearing the boy's melodious laugh.

"New song?"

Changbin nodded, passing over the notebook filled with lyrics (and scribbles of rejected lyrics) to seek his opinion.

The boy scanned over the pages thoroughly, and he could say the lyrics were seriously touching.

The new set talked about how 'alone' he felt during that certain time he was still too ashamed to talk about to others. Changbin had changed the whole story of the song-from a love song to a song about how he just wants someone to ask him if he was okay.

As the lyrics registered in his head, the younger couldn't help but feel a little emotional over the deep and meaningful phrases.

Changbin always wrote his feelings into a song, feelings he couldn't comprehend. He's written some sad songs before, but something about this song made the boy feel like he needed to say something.

The song was so gloomy despite it's fast rap, and the sad tune hinted at the boy that something wasn't quite right, and he really only wanted to be there for his big brother.

"H-Hyung," he stutters, "I know you like being there for us,"

Changbin looked up for once, staring at the boy's eyes.

"but sometimes, you can rely on us, too."

And upon hearing that, Changbin felt a pang in his heart. He knew one day he'd have to confess to everyone this shameful phase he went through, but having someone tell him he could depend on people as well was like placing a thick blanket over his cold body-nice and comforting.

Changbin brought his head back down immediately, wanting to cover up the thin layer of tears that had pooled around the corners of his eyes. He sucked it up, carefully taking a deep breath and letting out a heavy one not long after.

"You could always come to me, hyung," the boy adds, oblivious to how thankful Changbin was for his words.

Changbin looked up one more time after having dried the small beads of tears on his face, and he grinned upon seeing the innocent boy's face.

He couldn't believe he was once so close to betraying this boy.

"You made me tear up a bit there, if I have to be honest," Changbin cracks up a light joke, earning himself another one of the boy's beautiful laughs.