Chapter 28

It was another day off, but this time, there was no holiday. Mr. Park was simply kind enough to give you guys a break throughout this whole work trip, and you made sure to use it wisely.

That's why you chose to stay in your room.

It was only lunch and you had woken up just a few hours ago. Frankly, you woke up pretty early today to make the boys breakfast. At about 5 a.m., you visited a nearby market (not the usual Asian market) and bought some ingredients.

Your dish was plain and easy—a stack of three pancakes for each and some fruits (berries) and whipped cream (which you whipped by hand with a whisk) on top. They devoured your breakfast hungrily like they've been starved for three years, but it was an indirect compliment to you.

Now, the rest of you waited for your food which Seungmin, Jisung, Jeongin, and Hyunjin volunteered to buy for everyone. You didn't crave for anything specific, but you were sure they were going to buy something delicious.

Before that, you would walk around the penthouse, just to stretch your legs out so they wouldn't go numb. You disturbed the others, as well. Just a while ago, you and Felix were doing a little trick on the others where you two would knock on their doors and run away, but that came to a halt when Minho had caught you both in time and threw a pillow and a toothbrush at you two, hitting you both in the heads. Luckily, you got the pillow, but you tripped anyway.

That was all that happened, then the four headed out, leaving you even more bored with nothing to do. You were sitting on the soft cushion at the end of your room when you suddenly had the urge to pamper yourself. Taking a look at your physical appearance, you almost cringed at how worned out you looked.

Deciding that you shouldn't look so ratchet, you marched towards the bathroom where your makeup bag stood on the countertop, staring at you which tempted you even more.

——

"Min, the food's here," you hear Seungmin enter your room, and you were just about done with your hair. Within an hour, you were able to fix your makeup, wear a decent outfit, and curl your hair. You were wrapping the last two parts of your straight, brown (or whatever your hair color is) hair on your curling wand when you noticed Seungmin come through the bathroom door.

He saw you standing in front of the vanity's three mirrors, dressed for outside, and he immediately stopped in his tracks, scanning your body up and down.

"You dressed up pretty today," he comments, and you could see his dumbfounded expression through the left mirror.

You mentally chuckled at his state, but you dared not to show.

"Yeah. I felt like it," you reply, driving your focus back on your hair before you could accidentally burn it off.

It took Seungmin a while before he could speak up. As the silence filled the air, you grabbed the last section of your hair, taking it and brushing it through with your fingers before wrapping it around the wand.

"Do you want me to take you out?" Seungmin asks, leaning on the doorframe. You turned your head to face him to get clarification, but you had forgotten you were curling your hair, thus causing your ear to briefly touch the metal of the wand, but that little touch was a big pain.

You gasped at the heat, immediately dropping your wand on the table and taking your ear in your hand, thinking that it could somehow ease the pain.

Seungmin acted as quick, speed-walking over to you and kneeling down on your left. He pushed the strands of hair blocking your ear away, and took your hand, wanting to see the situation for himself.