Chapter 16

"You both can leave early for today since there are not much guests right now, but I need one of you to go give help in the laundry room," the manager informs the two. As Jeongin had already made a friend in there, he volunteered to be given the job, telling Seungmin to go up and help you with your stomach ache.

It was an hour before the boys were free for lunchtime, and Seungmin was already on his way up to the penthouse to help you.

He reached the only elevator to the penthouse, but it unfortunately wasn't working that day, so he had to take the stairs. It was tiresome yet he endured the pain.

——

Seungmin unlocked the door, leaving his shoes by the entrance when he heard your faint cries from your room. Without hesitation, he poured a glass of warm water from the kitchen and grabbed the packet of painkillers, bringing it up to your bedroom.

At this point, you were crying from the pain. It had disappeared earlier after you had woken up from your nap, but it came back killing you more than the first one after a while.

Like earlier, you held onto your stomach tightly, squeezing it to somehow relieve the pain. Your phone had lit up from a notification, but your cries blocked the ringtone and you weren't able to check. That's when you heard three knocks on your door before you saw Seungmin enter with a glass of water and the packet you needed in his hands.

He set the glass down by your table and opened the packet to give you a pill. You quickly popped it in your mouth and drank from the glass. Seungmin took a seat in front of you on your bed, watching you as you finished the majority of the glass of water before putting it back down on the table.

"I knew you were lying when you said you were okay," Seungmin makes a remark as he uses the sleeve of his button-up to wipe your tears, afterwards, wrapping you in a hug.

"Wait here," he says before leaving your room, but he came back shortly after, changed into a more comfy outfit for indoors—a simple royal blue hoodie paired with black ripped jeans. He locked your door after stepping in, making his way to sit beside you on your bed, letting you rest your head on his shoulder.

"This is familiar," Seungmin says, earning a chuckle from you, but like before, it hurt when you released even the lightest chuckle. This time, you didn't hide it from him, and you couldn't anyway since you had let out a couple coughs.

"Okay, from now on, you are not allowed to laugh," he tells you while he uses his hand to touch your forehead.

As soon as you felt the coldness of his hand come in contact with the heat of your forehead, your body seemed to have released all the tension and you were finally able to relax again. There was a balance between the two opposite feelings.

You closed your eyes at the soothing feeling, but the coldness soon disappeared, making you open your eyes.

"I think you've caught a fever. You should go back to sleep," he suggests, looking down at you worriedly.

"No," you counter. "I'm hungry. I need food."

"Oh," he remarks. "I'll go out and get you som-" Seungmin stands up to leave, carefully pulling his arm off your small frame, but you instantly wrap your arms around his waist, holding onto him tightly as you didn't want him gone.

"Actually, food's not that important, although company is," you cheekily reply as Seungmin slowly sits back, scoffing at your quick change of decision.

For the rest of the hour you had left before the seven other boys come up, you both decided to just watch the television, seeing what channels could possibly entertain you two.

——

You heard the door unlock and open, meaning the boys were already there. As you both were aware of this, Seungmin turned to face you.

"So what food do you want?" He asks.

You thought to yourself for a while—what were the foods that your grandmother would cook for you whenever you fell sick? You continued to think until it came to you.

"Porridge?" You say, but it came more of a question. People usually don't like porridge, and honestly, if you weren't sick, you were one of them. But now seemed the right time to have something that reminded you of your grandmother as every time you'd catch a cold, your grandmother's porridge always made you feel better.

Although she wasn't there to personally make it for you, a good bowl was the next closest thing.

"Hm, okay. Strange, but okay," Seungmin comments as his eyebrows furrow, but he tends to your needs as you were already in a poor state.

As he stood up from your bed, you unconsciously reach for his hand, making him turn back and look at you weirdly.

As even you didn't know why you did that, you had to make a quick excuse to support your actions.

"You won't be gone for too long, right?" You ask innocently, causing him to chuckle at your childlike behaviour.

"Why? Are you going to miss me?" He asks back, just as innocent as he leans closer to you, meeting you eye-to-eye.

Flustered by the proximity of his face to yours, you look to the side, looking down as you defend yourself. "No, of course not. I just don't like being alone," you speak, but as the sentence went on, your voice became softer.

Still not sparing a glance at him, you pinned your hair behind your ears as you cleared your throat out of nervousness, looking up to the wall in front of you, not having a clue about what'd happen next.

At this point, you didn't know what to do. It was like he was purposely making you wait to prolong the awkwardness in the air or to see how long you could hold it before you burst of embarrassment. But you saw the clock on your wall and realize that it hasn't even been five seconds since you last spoke.

The urge to just push him away in order to escape the situation was enticing, but your arms remained on your sides as you were still a flustered mess.

It was bad enough that you had grown feelings for him, and the situation right now definitely was not helping.

As the seconds passed, you grew even more nervous. You badly prayed in your head that your cheeks wouldn't betray you and show a blush, but you were highly doubting that as you felt your face heat up.

How does one escape such awkwardness...

Just before you could do anything else, you heard a low giggle coming from beside you. You still chose not to face him when you felt a warm touch on your cheek.

Your eyes widened at the feeling, and you instantly inhaled a deep breath. As you slowly realized what that warm touch was, your conscience started to go wild.

No one in your friend group has ever kissed you anywhere besides the top of your head or your forehead.

You felt the warmth slowly melt away as you snapped your head at Seungmin, seeing a sheepish smile on his face.

"See you," he greets you as if nothing happened just now.

You stared blankly at the wall while all the boys left. Once you were alone,

"DANG IT!"

uhm, i couldn't really think of any other expressions for the last line, so enjoy my lame one for now