Chapter 34

"Come to life!"

"What the bleep, Min," you sneer at Minho. The first thing you saw after a long nap on the airplane was your good friend Minho raising his hands in the air and lifting his chin up, looking like he was about to resurrect someone from their death.

"See, told you kids I had powers," he ignores your sour reaction, striding off to the back of somewhere.

Oh, right. You were in the rat plane.

Well, Seungmin was beside you, and he seemed to also have slept somewhere throughout the ride. As the two of you's legs were entangled with each other, you felt some minor discomfort around that area.

A whiff of apple juice then hit your face, and you checked to see where it came from.

But as you searched around, you couldn't help but notice the redness of Seungmin's right palm and the fact that his joggers were a little wet. The liquid created a small and dark spot right at the center.

Did he...?

Flustered, you looked away.

You fixed your position and Seungmin did the same, stepping your feet down on the floor. The others were waiting for the two of you to quickly get yourselves off the dirty seats as they stood in the middle of the aisle, along with some other people who were gathering their bags from the overhead cabins. It looked pretty cramped and to conclude that, you could smell the foul and salty scent of strangers' sweat. But you ignored that, only wanting to leave the aircraft.

——

"Well, that ruined my image for airplanes," you sigh, following the boys as they seemed to be blocking you from the people. Chris ordered you to stand behind him for some weird reason that he didn't want to tell you just yet.

On the other hand, Seungmin accompanied you on your right, gripping tightly onto your arm. It hurt a bit but you didn't want to ask him since he didn't look too happy.

You were confused—why were they so peculiar? Just when you stepped off of the plane, Jisung grabbed you by the shoulders and checked you all around. He was like a worried mother for her injured child.

The other five didn't seem to notice anything though. They continued to talk as if everything was normal, and, in your eyes, everything was normal, as well.

In the end, you decided to just let them be, not wanting to ask the three boys why they were acting so strange.

You snapped out of your thoughts when you felt Seungmin tug on your arm, looking up and seeing that you were already at the conveyer belt to grab your bags.

As Changbin and Hyunjin started grabbing the bags and placing them on the carts, you heard Jisung mumble something to Chris, but you only caught a snippet of it.

"It's that..."

You looked to the direction Jisung was pointing at and saw the stewardess who refused to give you some peanuts earlier.

Looking her up and down (with maybe the teensiest bit for remorse), you noticed her wrist was slightly red.

——

"She wants peanuts? Alright," the stewardess hovers over your sleeping figure, a bag of peanuts on one hand and a cup of apple juice on the other.

She was irritated at you for repeatedly asking for a drink and some snacks a while ago, and her bad temper got the best of her.

The airline staff was unlucky to have such an ill-tempered employee like her, but who could fire the daughter of the airline owner without wanting to be fired themselves?