Chp. 10

**JAKE’S POV**- < ---- NOTICE!!!!

I remember the night I had been assigned Riley’s Guardian Angel, I found it weird, because I was a boy. I didn’t know this girl from Adam either. It was scary, because the night I met her she was near wasted with alcohol, and I had to put myself to where we would meet.

It never really left my mind, all the times I saved her, from rape, car accidents, and alcohol poisoning. She was wild, I knew all of her past though, everything about her that I could possibly want. Her mom’s death, her ex-girlfriend who probably turned her into what she was… and of course her dad.

I stayed with her most nights, invisible to her eyes, sleeping in her dad’s bedroom and keeping a close ear on her.

But the more I figured out my powers and what I was capable of… the more I misused them.

I became power hungry, and then I realized the Higher Power had made a mistake choosing me as her Guardian Angel. I hadn’t failed my mission because Riley had made it to her 18th birthday… but I had given up my powers a month before.

Well, actually they took my powers from me… because I was abusing them.

Looking back on it I’m glad they did, because I could’ve turned into a Demon. Feeding off of people, and using my powers to kill instead of save…

Yes that was possible.

It was ok for a Guardian Angel to kill, if they thought someone or something posed a threat to their Human. All we had to do was snap our fingers, and they were gone just like that. Of course we had to make it look like a freak accident, we couldn’t just blow them to ashes like that…

I had almost done it too… to my own dad.

He was beating me, calling me worthless, and I had had enough of it. I was so close, so close to wiping his presence clean from this Earth… but I didn’t.

It was the night I had my powers taken from me.

Dad had his Demon coming for him though, and it was called alcohol. He was drunk one night, driving home from a bar and he hit a woman head on, killed her and her 7 month old baby.

He just didn’t live to see the jail time.

Karma had a funny way of working, the universe had it’s consequences, and when there was something bad done to someone… they had it coming for them twice as hard.

So I knew my consequences were coming, I just didn’t know when.

I knew I was going to be punished, for letting Riley down, letting myself down. Abusing all those girls… not physically but emotionally… cheating, lying, stealing… I knew that all of it added up was going to bite me in the ass though.

But I wasn’t scared, even if it was death… I wasn’t scared of it.

I knew the peace it held, death wasn’t something to be afraid of… unless you weren’t ready to die. Then no, it could be hard.

I knew all there was to know about being a Guardian, but I could talk to no one about it. I didn’t know anyone who was… because it could be anyone.

For all I knew my Guardian could be Jenson, or Riley… but I would never know, because I wasn’t allowed to talk about it.

I had Fallen from the Higher Power, they took my powers because I was no longer trusted. I was no longer good, an it was a heavy burden to carry knowing that. I knew I was going to heaven though, because I had done a greater deed.

I had saved Riley.