Chp. 13

-RILEY’S POV-

I was furious, the anger inside of me peeking to the top. I was seeing red when my feet instinctively started walking forward, and I spoke, “I’m gonna kill him.”

Jenson grabbed my hand, “Riley, no, let’s just get out of here…”

His mocking glare was locked with mine, and I’m surprised I hadn’t killed him with my stare. He was doing this on purpose, he was stalking her, mocking me… on purpose.

I growled, “Fine.”

She pulled me out of the mall, I knew Bren was following us though, I could feel him. I smirked, I knew exactly how to get him back to. Me and Jenson crossed the detectors at the exit of the store, and I snapped my fingers, placing a stolen pair of sunglasses in his bag he was carrying.

I heard the buzzer go off indicating Bren had crossed them, and my plan unraveled.

Me and Jenson turned and watched Bren look around and then a big, muscle cop appeared and took him back into the mall. But not before I locked eyes with Bren and smirked reluctantly.

Take that freak.

I looked at Jenson, “Karma’s a bitch.”

She laughed, but I could tell she was worried, maybe about Bren, or something else. When we were in the fitting room, her feelings suddenly… changed. They weren’t excited or her normal ones, they were more confused, and indecisive, but there was good flecks in them to.

I wanted to ask her what she was thinking about at that moment in the fitting room, but I chickened out naturally.

She sighed, “I still need some boots.”

I laughed, “And I still need food.”

“Well let’s go eat and then we’ll go to another store outside the mall…”

I looked at her in the driver’s seat, “Just please be careful this time.”

She gave me a sympathetic look and nodded, “I know… I still feel a little bad about that.”

I placed my hand on her arm, absorbing her sadness and feeling it being placed on my heart instead of hers. I smiled weakly, “It’s ok.”

She smiled brightly, her mood had completely changed from me taking that pain away from her and she started the car, “Great, where you wanna eat?”

We ended up at a semi-nice restaurant and were seated in a dimmed booth, Jenson opened the menu, “I’m starved.”

I sighed, looking over the menu and deciding immediately, “I’m getting the pasta.”

She bit her lip, looking at the menu and then me, and my heart fluttered. She looked to sexy doing that… her bright eyes locking with mine, that look she was giving me. “What’s good here?”

I smiled, “Everything, but you like seafood right?”

She nodded, she had never told me that, I just knew instinctively, “Yes.”

I pointed to the Shrimp Alfredo and smiled, “Then get this, it’s one of my favorites.”

The waitress came to us, locking eyes with Jenson then me, and smiling brightly, “Hi I’m Tammy what can I get for you guys?”

I ordered, “I want the Chicken Pasta, with a water please.”

She looked at me slyly and then to Jenson, making me feel uncomfortable, “And you?”

Jenson looked at the menu, then at me, “I’ll have the Shrimp Alfredo, with a water as well.”

The waitress wrote it down on her book and then looked at me once again, smiling like a freak, “Ok I’ll be back in a bit.”

I looked at Jenson, “How weird was she.”

I laughed, “She was looking at me like she wanted to…”

“Kiss you?”

The answer had caught me off guard, Kiss me? No I wouldn’t say that… but she seemed interested. Did she know me from somewhere? She looked my age, maybe she knew about my past with my ex-girlfriend… maybe she knew I was a lesbian…

And I had never told Jenson that.

Then again, I had never told Jenson really anything about me… and I started to feel guilty for it. She smiled, “What are you thinking about?”

I shrugged, “Nothing…” I was actually thinking about how sexy you looked sitting there staring at me. And how bad I wish I could kiss your lips…

She tilted her head, “Riley, you’re not a good liar, you can tell me anything. You’re my best friend.”

And that’s all I’ll ever be.

I smiled weakly once more, “Just thinking about things…”

She pressured me further, “Like…?”

I rolled my eyes, “You’re really nosy.”

She smiled, “I have that right.”

She was right, she did, she cared about me, and I cared about her. Sure, they were in two different ways but it still counted. I shrugged, “I’m scared you’re gonna get all caught up in Jake and forget about me, or he’s gonna hurt you…”

“Riley, I’m a big girl, I’ll be ok… I promise. Me and Jake aren’t official, he’s taken me on a couple of dates, we’re still getting to know each other… Besides, I’m not ready for another relationship just yet.”

She was being sincere, and I knew she liked him just by the way she felt talking about him. And the bad thing was… she liked him a lot.

A lot more then I approved.