Chp. 12

-JENSON’S POV-

All I heard was Riley’s voice fill the car, “STOP!”

I didn’t even hesitate, probably because she had scared the shit out of me but I slammed on my brakes.

Then I saw what she had screamed for me to stop to suddenly, there was a wreck in front of us. Then a car came flying in front of us, inches away from the front of my car…

What the hell…

Riley wasn’t even looking forward when she yelled to stop… and if she hadn’t… that car would’ve hit her side of the car. Good enough to kill both of us…

Had she seen what was going to happen… before it happened? Was that even possible? The memory of the first time I was going to school filled my head, the day I almost got plowed by an 18 wheeler…

The voice…

It was Riley’s voice… it was her voice that yelled for me to stop and look up and slam on my brakes… but I didn’t even know Riley then. It was her voice though, I was sure of that, wasn’t I? It was just so familiar… no other voice was that terrified…

Riley was silent, and pale as a ghost…

I grabbed her hand, “Hey… it’s ok… we’re ok.”

She was gripping my hand tight, still in the shock of it all. She was shacking violently, and I tried to sooth her. “Riley, it’s ok…”

Then she ordered, “Go.”

So I did, passing the light where we almost got plowed down to our own death. I had to admit, I was in shock to, but Riley… she looked like hell.

And I felt bad.

I could’ve killed her, just because I had taken my eyes off of the road for a split second.

We made it to the mall, Riley was silent, and I was getting really worried. I turned to her, unclicking my seat belt and grabbing her hand. Finally her eyes pulled away from the window to mine and her eyes were glowing, it was weird, but when I grabbed her hand… all of my worries went away.

She forced a smile and nodded, “Yes?”

I realized I was holding her hand still, and I slowly pulled away… even though I didn’t want to. “Please don’t be mad at me…”

She shook her head, looking in pain, “Jenson I’m not mad at you… it was an accident. Just please be careful next time… if anything happened to you…”

To me? I thought she was worried about her own health? I locked eyes with her, “You’re worried about me?”

She nodded, “Yes… and I mean me to… it’s just, it was all so sudden.”

I opened my door, signaling that we could get out, she followed me around the car and walked beside me. My arm brushed against hers, and I felt a shiver urn through my body, why did I always get this feeling around her?

We walked in and I looked at her, “So where to?”

She sighed, “I need some jeans, that’s for sure.”

I smiled, “Then let’s go, I need some new boots and I’m very picky, so it’s going to be a long day here.”

Riley looked down at me, her glittery eyes fluttering to mine and completely capturing me. She had that affect, her aura was pure, everything about her was captivating, and she was my best friend.

She pulled me into a new store, somewhere where I had never stepped foot in and headed to a rack of jeans. She picked out a couple, they were expensive and I wondered how she was going to pay for them. Maybe that’s why her parents were always busy… because they had nice jobs and a lot of money. It’s the only thing I could picture for Riley, because she was so likeable and so…cool.

She pulled me to the dressing room, and left me at the door. She didn’t want me to see her jeans? I smiled, “I’m coming in with you.”

She tilted her head, smirking, oh I knew what was coming, most likely a sexual joke. Her sexy voice rang out, “Hmm Jenson are you trying to get me out of my pants?”

I laughed, it was cute, and went so good with the situation, “Maybe I just wanna see you in your sexy underwear.”

She giggled as she closed the door behind her, “All you had to do was ask.”

She started working off her jeans as I tried to work around her, and my eyes got caught on something other then where I was looking. Then I felt something block my way, sending me falling forward into Riley. Her hands caught me around my waist as our bodies quickly pressed together.

Her body fell onto the stool behind her, and my body fell onto hers, and I’m not sure how she reacted so quick but I was glad she did. We were in this weird sitting position, she was still holding my waist and our faces close, I felt myself blush.

She smiled, “Um, Jen… I have no pants on.”

I looked down at her bare legs, and smiled, “Oops,” I stood and she did to, working herself into her new pair of jeans.

I admired her legs, and the rest of her body at that, she was just so perfect. She turned in the mirror, inspecting her butt, “How do they look?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and nodded, “Those look amazing…”

I want your figure…

She looked at me, “Why? Jenson you’re sexy… stop comparing yourself to me because I wish I looked like you.”

Apparently I had spoken that embarrassing sentence out loud. I stood up, standing next to her in the mirror on the farwall, “I want your curves… I barely have any shape.”

She turned, facing me and putting her warm hands on my shoulders, “Jen, you’re petite, a lot of people like that…”

I smiled, again she made me feel like I was beautiful in my own way, and I wanted to hug her. I moved my arms around her waist as she stood above me, I spoke, “Why aren’t you hugging me back?”

She laughed, “Because I don’t know why you’re hugging me.”

I looked up at her, “Does it matter?”

“No,” her arms wrapped around my neck, and I stood there. She was something, she broke down my walls, protected me, and made me happy. She was the best person that had ever walked into my life… and not out of if.

I looked up at her, completely absorbed in her eyes, an the moment… I just wanted to kiss her.

Wait. Did I really just think that? Kiss Riley? Your best friend? No… you didn’t mean that, you just really loved her, she was a good person… she’s great. We have the best friendship, I didn’t want to kiss her. That would ruin everything…

She pulled away from me, slipping on her old jeans and heading to checkout. I felt guilty for thinking that and not telling her, like I felt the need to tell her the truth. But to be honest I wasn’t sure what I should tell her… did I really want to kiss her at that moment? Or was it just an “in the moment” thought?

She grabbed her bag, turned around and faced me, “Wanna eat or find your boots?”

I smiled, “Boots.”

She ushered me out of the store and we headed to my favorite boutique, that’s when Riley stopped. I looked up at her, seeing her eyes set on something and a sneer on her face. I hadn’t seen that look in awhile… and it only meant one thing.

I looked to the direction she was staring, and then I saw him, it was Bren, and he was sitting on a bench staring at me and Riley.

I swallowed hard, and then Riley started forward, “I’m gonna kill him.”